Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several years of development and testing, the Hoyt G3 recurve limb has been released for 2004.

The G3 combines design elements of the nonlinear monolithic Syntactic Foam core developed for the FX limb, with a new non-tapered moderating foam core element. The G3 contains a new carbon laminate structure using high-strength, high-temperature carbon fiber materials which provide greater speed, stability, and an even greater degree of all-weather performance consistency.

The result is speed approaching (and in some cases exceeding) that of the FX, and a smooth low-stack feel through the clicker comparable with the FX, but with a high degree of post-shot damping.

Like all Hoyt limbs for the past several years, the G3 is aligned both statically and dynamically to ensure the limb tips follow a linear path through the power stroke, and that both limbs accelerate on release at the same rate. In addition, the limbs are aligned in three axes to ensure that the power stroke plane is down the true center of the system of limbs and riser. This simplifies the tuning process, particularly when combined with a Hoyt Aerotec or Matrix riser.

The complete Hoyt recurve limb line for 2004 consists of the G3, the highly successful FX high-performance limb, the smooth and stable Vector carbon foam limb, the affordable performance oriented Kinetic wood-carbon limb, and the Edge entry-level wood core limb.

G3s will begin shipping in quantity starting in mid November 2004.

Attachments

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
FX limbs that don't rattle like a window pane near an air force base?

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL. You funny man JC...:cool:

By the way, the 2004 recurve risers will be available in all previous target colors as well as the new silver flame, and purple (what I call Pee-Wee purple in honor of Dr. Turner).

Same fade pattern as in previous years.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have been shooting the G3 limbs for just over two weeks. The design dampens the limb very quickly. They are extremly smooth with no stacking at my draw weight and length.

GT has once again amazed me with a new product.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Any chance of the recurve riser/limbs being available in camo and in higher limb weights? Not all recurve hunters want to hunt with wood all the time...

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lumis,

That is a good question. Whenever we have a sales conference the sales guys want to know the answer to that one too. But whenever we have offered one in the past, we did not sell too many of them. I suppose that is because the traditional guys want a really traditional bow like a full-custom Hatfield or perhaps even a Ploen longbow for those cutting-edge trad guys.

Both of those are probably less expensive than a Hoyt target recurve, and there are lots of other nice traditional bows out there that sell for more or less and perhaps might make better hunting bows for some- for technical reasons, we will not build recurves shorter than 64 inches and over about 60#, depending on limb model. Lots of trad guys prefer something shorter and/or heavier.

However, I know of several people who hunt with an Aerotec, very successfully.

I think that we can accomodate orders for camo risers and limbs without too much trouble or added cost to you. There would be a wait for limbs over 50#, probably a maximum of six weeks.

I would suggest you see your Hoyt dealer and have him contact the factory customer service department for specifics.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
GT, what's the price going to be? 10% more than the FX? The same price? 30% less?

·
Registered
94 Posts
GT,

Those limbs look awesome! I have never before seen limbs that looked so friggin cool!!!

The only problem is the one year wait. Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag, Hoyt never forgets us recurves ;).

Ryan

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
If we finally get a hoyt dealership (the guy who whined about as getting one went out of business but now claims he wants to sell out of his car:rolleyes: ) I will try a pair. Lots of my kids like the Hoyt risers but didn't care for the FX limbs and are shooting WW or the same stuff with PSE on it. I like the FX but lots don't like the vibration.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
By the way, a couple of people have e-mailed me to ask: Are those really black ??

Nooo...

They are a heat-reflective silver on the tension side and a dark silver on the face (similar to the color fadeout on the FX limb).

Here is a quick snapshot in the sun.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
gt!

I think someone else was wonder thing as well...how much more do you think the G3 limbs are going to be compared to the FX limbs??

J :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would also like to know what the price is going to be like on them.

Can't wait to find some who has them so i can start playing:D :cool: :D

O ya GT,
I have total trust in the products you have produced and can't wait to see what the future brings.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
gt, Is the silver flame finish black and silver and will it be available in a month too?

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jacquie (are you the Jacquie I know from Canada ?),
I really can not say what the price at retail will be for G3 limbs. The reason is that dealers set their own prices and I would be out of line speculating on that.

Vlass,
You are very kind. Please remember that there is actually a very large and talented team of people behind the products at Hoyt, I am just a small part of the effort. (when it comes to compounds, a reaaaaaaally small part, you would need an electron microscope to see it...:))

I believe my friend Rob Rusnov will be shooting G3 limbs in the next few weeks, if you know Rob you will probably see them sooner than later. As you may know, Rob secured a Canadian slot for the next Olympics at the recent CQT. We're building these limbs very painstakingly and it is a time consuming process but I think you will be really pleased by the result.

AKRuss,
Silver flame finish recurve risers are ready to ship and depending on your dealer and when they place their orders, you might possibly see them sooner than a month.

I am impressed with the positive response to that finish, I guess those marketing people are good for something after all...:D

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you cannot quote a price how about a comment on where the G3 lie in the Hoyt limb heirachy? I would imagine either in between FX and Vector or above FX.

·
Genesis 21:20
20,714 Posts
GT,

I shoot two pairs of limbs that I believe are Earl Hoyt limbs (black and white tip overlays). Both are 42# and 70", one set are Gold Medalist Carbon Plus and the other PSE carbons.

I would consider buying a new set of limbs to replace either of these if someone could explain the advantages of the newer limbs being produced today. So far, noone has tried to convince me that I need new limbs.

Here's your chance :0)

Thanks.

John.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I don't know you or your style of shooting. I know nothing about your goals or preferences. I know nothing about your form or setup.

So, if you are happy with the limbs you're using, and satisfied with their performance in the conditions you shoot in, who am I to tell you you need to use something else ? And on what basis would I possibly want to try to convince you to change ?

If you have an opportunity to shoot these limbs I'm sure the decision will be easy enough for you to make for yourself, perhaps along with the advice of a good coach if you have one.

Best regards,

gt (no, I am not a salesman);)

1 - 20 of 80 Posts