Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting my buddy setup with a used Hoyt off the AT classifieds and found a good deal on some older 2005 & 2006 Hoyts...

Are the draw lenghts adjustable w/o having to get new length strings and cables? I don't want him to get one and then have to buy $75 worth of new strings and cables.

My buddy is a 28" draw, righty and needs a 60# bow.

Thanks guys. (I'm clueless when it comes to Hoyts)

-ZA

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
The tune charts will give you most everything you need to know regarding years/models/limbs/cams/string lengths/ATA and brace. I wish every company had this amount of info easily accessible. Here's the link: http://www.hoyt.com/customer_service/hoyt_tune_charts.php

Pick the year/model/limbs. The resulting chart will give you the cam and draw length options with string lengths. Say I'm looking for a 2005 ultratec, XT2000 limbs, spiral cams, 28" draw. Select Ultratec XT2000 from the 2005 combo box. The chart that appears has all the data you need for that model year and limbs. For 28" spirals, that information is included in the second chart which in this case would be a 58.5" string, 41.75" control, 38.5" buss.

I believe the regular cam1/2 string lengths are particular to the given base cam on a given bow/limb configuration (although there potentially may be some overlap between different bow models). The base cam is then adjustable for a given range of draw lengths. The spirals will use the same string lengths for a given range and then they change. Again have a look at the tune charts, it'll make sense pretty quickly.

Cheers,

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
cam and 1/2 have a 2.5" available DL adjustment on them, they have 6 positions that you can remove the screws and change the module for DL adjustments. I would recomend searching for a bow that has cam 1/2 with 27.5-29 then if hes a 28, most of them are supposed to be tuned in that D position that would be 28" and some say they perform best there BUT it gives you adjustment up and down if needed. If you but a 28-30.5 setup then if you need to go down you cant, see what im saying. No string chages if you get a bow with your DL in the range of those cams, only if you swap cams
Great detail. Be careful that if you choose a 2006 model that it isn't a Trykon, which has draw length specific cams. The cam & 1/2 Hoyts are great bows. The V-Tec was one of the great bows of 04-05'. Best of luck and good shootin'.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts