Archery Talk Forum banner

2005 Arizona Cup International (April 13-16, 2005)

1364 Views 13 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Serious Fun
2005 Arizona Cup International (April 13-16, 2005)
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Star FITA, Team, and Olympic Rounds
Information and registration form are available on www.arizonacup.com
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2005 Arizona Cup Official Check in, Wednesday

Palmer,
We hope you have a good time at the Arizona Cup.
Many competitors will come in early and shoot the Arizona State Outdoor Championship Star FITA the weekend before the Arizona Cup, as a guest.

2005 Arizona Cup Official check in, practice and equipment inspection are on Wednesday.
Thursday check in and equipment inspections maybe accommodated on a case by case basis at the tournament's discretion.

Those with special circumstances or hardships should contact the tournament committee at [email protected]

Good luck,

· Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2005 Arizona State Outdoor Championship

The 2005 Arizona State Outdoor Championship is the weekend before the Arizona Cup and takes place on the same field.
April 9-10, 2005
Its a two day Star FITA.
The optional OR usually includes many international archers.
The tournament hotel, Crowne Plaza is nice.
At $68/nite including breakfast its fantastic.

Come out and enjoy a full week of FITA!

You can even take some time off and visit the Grand Canyon!
www.azarchery.com

· Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you know…

Did you know…

Ben Avery is the largest shooting facility in the USA.
Your entry fee for the Arizona Cup includes use of the firearms shooting range.
Many archers are bringing their firearms to take advantage of this opportunity.
Have a good and safe time.

· Registered
3,815 Posts
Make sure you prepare for all kinds of weather ;)

It is a great tournament, and was my first outdoor tournament when I started and I haven't missed it since.

· Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Confirmed;

2005 Arizona Cup tournament entry fee includes the $5/day Ben Avery Shooting Range use fee.
The Ben Avery fee includes use of the public firearms range as well as the field archery ranges.
A voucher, that must be signed and dated by tournament organizers, will be available at the official tournament check in table.
(The Ben Avery Staff will distribute an example voucher to the Range masters so they should be well informed.)

Contact the tournament staff at [email protected] if a voucher is need on official practice day before check in.

Background:
Ever wonder why the Arizona Cup is a bit more expensive than other tournaments?
$5/day/archer is paid by the Arizona Cup to the Ben Avery Shooting Facility.
That amounts to $20 per contestant for the four day tourney.
We encourage you to use all of Ben Avery facilities…“You paid for it”
Parking and spectator admission to the 2005 Arizona Cup is FREE!

· Registered
2,560 Posts
Thanks for the info, Bob.

It's great to have a world-class shooting facility to use when we're not launching arrows.

A few times, I have shot IPSC matches there during AZ Cup week, the Cactus League shooters run an evening shoot under the lights that has to be one of the best local events to be found in the nation, and of course Ben Avery is a national treasure to firearms enthusiasts. I particularly have enjoyed the many times I've been able to teach safe and effective firearms use to international guests at the tournament. (Those Swedes are good rifle shooters !)

Hope you can keep the developers who want that land at bay a while longer... I know it's a battle.

-gt

(multiple Gunsite alumnus and NRA certified pistol and personal protection instructor, btw ;))

· Registered
2,637 Posts
There's a downside to Ben Avery too. I was told yesterday that they have pulled all the markers from the two field courses on the hillside, in essence shutting them down because "nobody uses them". I shot the state FITA Field on that hillside last year. Guess the other shooters and I are "nobody".

As someone who wants to see field archery (both NFAA and FITA) come back from the grave 3D has burried it in, this was very bad news.

Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.