Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I am nobody.........
8,659 Posts
Metropolis is a done deal, FL, TN, Columbus I think is a done deal for the Classic. Myrtle Beach is close to being finalized at a different location, but not yet there, some paperwork still needs to be completed. That leaves PA and Kinder as up in the air. Rumor has it Mississippi and Branson MO are in the running for those 2, but that is just a rumor.

·
74,535 Posts
Branson, Mo. works for me

Please Please Please :thumbs_up

·
Registered
171 Posts
No Myrtle

ba3darcher said:
branson would be nice, sorry to hear they are going to myrtle beach again, that is just to far for me.
I dont think they are going to Myrtle beach agian next year because the are developing on all that land. I wish they were though..........its only 2 to 3 hourse from here.

Stephen

·
I am nobody.........
8,659 Posts
Let me re-phrase what I said above. According to my conversation with Mike specifically about Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach is almost a done deal. It is moving to Highway 31 at the location of the new city soccer facilities and a conservation area, but Myrtle Beach is 75% positively going to be on the schedule. There is just some paperwork to hash out.

·
Registered
172 Posts
ASA in the North??

It sure would be nice to see at least one or two ASA Pro/Ams in the Northern states again....there are a lot of good shooters in the northern states that would like to attend a big ASA event, but 10+ hour drives tend to be quite a stretch for most people. Southern Illinois and Tennessee is the farthest north ASA has gone since they held the Pro/Am at Turkeyville, Michigan several years ago. I shot they '05 ASA Federation circuit in Michigan in the Hunter class and ended up placing 3rd for the year, but it would also be nice to compete in 1 or 2 Pro/Ams during the season. It would just be nice to see ASA and the shooters pay a little more attention to their fellow Northen states once in a while! Just 1 mans opinion, I guess! Good luck hunting!!

CPS-12ringer

·
I am nobody.........
8,659 Posts
Scooter_SC said:
How about Charleston, SC or Savannah, GA?
I am working on the Charleston thingy now. Probably not for 06, but maybe for 07. Charleston is just easier for most to get to than MB, plus it is a better town........I might be a little biased being from the Holy city origianlly, but anyways.........good food, plenty of hotels, beaches, aquarium for the kiddies, lots to do..........Just zip down I26 all the way to Charleston from anywhere North or West of Charleston, simple drive up US17 from all parts South......Getting to MB from about anywhere is miserable having to go through Florence and Pee Dee, etc on the 2 lane roads.........

Working on it, who knows, maybe in 07....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Pennsylvania

CPS-12ringer said:
It sure would be nice to see at least one or two ASA Pro/Ams in the Northern states again....there are a lot of good shooters in the northern states that would like to attend a big ASA event, but 10+ hour drives tend to be quite a stretch for most people. Southern Illinois and Tennessee is the farthest north ASA has gone since they held the Pro/Am at Turkeyville, Michigan several years ago. I shot they '05 ASA Federation circuit in Michigan in the Hunter class and ended up placing 3rd for the year, but it would also be nice to compete in 1 or 2 Pro/Ams during the season. It would just be nice to see ASA and the shooters pay a little more attention to their fellow Northen states once in a while! Just 1 mans opinion, I guess! Good luck hunting!!

CPS-12ringer
They also held one in Pennsylvania that was one of the best shoots i've ben to BUT not that many people came.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Hey Nobody.....

reylamb said:
I am working on the Charleston thingy now. Probably not for 06, but maybe for 07. Charleston is just easier for most to get to than MB, plus it is a better town........I might be a little biased being from the Holy city origianlly, but anyways.........good food, plenty of hotels, beaches, aquarium for the kiddies, lots to do..........Just zip down I26 all the way to Charleston from anywhere North or West of Charleston, simple drive up US17 from all parts South......Getting to MB from about anywhere is miserable having to go through Florence and Pee Dee, etc on the 2 lane roads.........

Working on it, who knows, maybe in 07....
Are it closer to Texas????

·
I am nobody.........
8,659 Posts
Sure it is Javi...........one of the shoot locations I have been talking to with the Charleston folks is right by the airport!!!!!!!!! ;) It is a short flight into Charleston..... :eek: :eek: :D :D

If Branson does happen, that is closer to TX, although just driving through TX takes a few days!!!!!!1 :confused: :D

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Shoot-in-NC said:
They also held one in Pennsylvania that was one of the best shoots i've ben to BUT not that many people came.

I agree. the date with Mckean the following weekend and a nfaa shoot down the road didnt help attendance.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i wish that asa would move some shoots out west. i think asa afraid of us western folk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.