Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This may be long winded but here goes. Went out to a stand were I have been getting some pictures of average bucks but nothing great but I decided to give it a try. hour and a half went by (6:30) bugs were heavy but the thermacell was keeping them at bay, something moving off to the south about 150 yards away. I stared trying to figure out if it was a deer and then it stepped out nice buck heavy horns but couldn't count points. The deer put his nose to the ground and was following my dead down wind soaked boot prints straight to my stand then another smaller buck steps out of the same spot I couldn't decide if I wanted to shoot the heavy 4x4 or not I only had another 50 yard to decide because he was coming on a rope, I decided if he came in and gave me a nice easy broadside shot I would take him. He came in went under my tree(too far to shoot) then he turned around and went back out ten yards and stood broadside waiting for the shot so I gave it too him. Sure was fun.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
awesome buck Nick

congrats

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
Congrats on an awesome buck, well done!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
:darkbeer:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Congrat's.......who can work with stuff like this going on?

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Congrats on a Fine Buck!!! He looks like he should make the P&Y!!!

·
Colorblind blood trailer
2,566 Posts
Great buck! Thanks for sharing the story and the pics.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,327 Posts
Beaut of a deer man. Sue hope to see one like that this year. I like to see one like in a lifetime!

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
congrats on a fine harvest. I hope that you are as happy with him as I would be!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Great buck. Nice work!:wink:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts