Archery Talk Forum banner

Single or Double STS system?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whould you rather have a single or double STS mount?

·
Registered
320 Posts
neither

the new hoyts are so smooth and quiet i dont think it really needs one, but if you imply on using one i would say a single. Less string wear and less weight that is all i must say good luck with that

·
Registered
228 Posts
Boy . . . that will pump up the feelings to invest money in a project! They need them and the single will do just fine. :wink:

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
I never liked them on my Hoyts either. Once you get the POS strings replaced and the bows tuned they are quiet as they can be, much quieter than my Bowtechs and Mathews.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow I expected everyone to want a double

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I had an STS on my Protec and Trykon....couldnt tell much difference in the bows with them cause they are already very quiet.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Will it be a front mount?

·
Registered
271 Posts
i use a double looks like im about the only one.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
CHL, I have tried both and .....

there is absolutely no advantage to a double on the Ultratec......I would want a single for sure..
J

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
I didn't vote. I can't say I'd use one on my Hoyts. Don't need 'em.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
A vote from Automan for the single. The STS is great, but I think the double is needless overkill.

Automan

·
Registered
484 Posts
My Trykon XL simply doesn't need one - it is quiet and smoth, with no shock but lots of awe.

Additionally, mine doesn't have a rough draw cycle as others here have noted - is this just a buch of conspiring trolls, or is mine the only perfect Trykon Hoyt sent out this year?

Rich

·
registered archer
3,250 Posts
waste of money

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
tcooll77 said:
waste of money
Then don't vote and don't reply to this thread. I think he was asking if Hoyt shooters would rather have a single or double CHL if they had the choice, not if "tcool77" thought it was a worthy investment. Some people get on my nerves.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch................... I voted for the single. Doubles might be to heavy and a little overkill IMHO. Hoyts are already relatively vibe free and quiet, but I would love to try the single version out for size. Thanks for all the time and effort you have put into this venture CoolHand. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Another vote for a single vibekillr!

Worth every penny!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts