Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this is my last straw. I’ve tuned my own bows for yrs, been a 20+ yr shooter/hunter. I have a 2006 Hoyt V-tec was set at 68lbs 31.5” draw, ripcord rest, D loop on WC strings that are 2 yrs old. Gold tip arrows with correct spine and 100grain tips. Last turkey season this bow was shooting bullet holes in paper and both FP and BH hit the same spot within an inch. June of last yr I have a shoulder sprain, I put the bow away while I heal up on its normal hanging spot and left it there till August of last yr just before the opening weekend of archery. Take it out back to shoot a few practice arrows to make sure all is good and that the shoulder is healed. My comfort practice shot is 40 yrs and drill my targets within the size of a baseball. My first 5 arrows were nowhere near my aim point. I’m in panic mode because season opens in 2 days and now it seems the bow is out of tune for some reason. I check all my specs and everything is where it should be nothing has moved. No one has touch this bow but me. Not dropped not in any heat source it is hung by the riser using 2 bicycle hooks.

Here is my problem, after deer season I put the bow away again. February rolls around and I pick it up to try and figure out the issues with it. I’ve done all the normal paper tuning I’ve taken it to the proshop and paid to have them look at it. Still does not even shoot close to shooting bullets or shooting straight. When I got it back from the Pro shop he tells me it should be good to go but I may have to check my sites with all that he did. Check the sites at 20 yrds. Shoot FP first to fine tune sites. Break out a thunderhead 100 and it shoots at 20yrds 10” to the right. I play with things and get both FP & BH shooting within and inch at 20yrds, push target out to forty and fp shot 12” to the right I did not even try a BH. Take it to paper BH & FP both tearing high and right. And tearing to the right by about 1.5”. when I tune it to shoot bullet holes. The arrow is nowhere close to square any longer on the bow and arrow flight is a joke past 30 yrds. This is not a matter of me torquing the bow either as I shot with the proshop to show them the issues and he admitted it was not my shooting and even the proshop staff shot it with the same results as me.

My question is this. Could an axle or a bearing in the cams go bad? I’ve never had it happen before but is it possible? Could something happen to the limbs that would make it do the things I have described. Ive never had a bow go from shooting perfect one day put away and shoot like crap the next then not be tunable!!!!!!

I’m lost and need some ideas because the archery shop wants me to buy new this or new that because he THINKS that might be the problem. It shot perfect before I put it away during my shoulder injury.

Any Ideas or if there any of the Hoyt pro-staff on here that can give me some ideas. Buying a new bow is not an option at this time repairing this one is my first choice.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got off the phone with Hoyt. They said send it back something is not right. :thumbs_up
They told me it would only take 5 working days from the day they got it till they ship it back :77:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts