Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sold my 2004 ultratec, and am looking for a new hunting, 3d bow. Metal handle was too cold on the 2004. Was thinking about a Vtec, but noticed the new specs on the Ultratec are 5fps faster than the Vtec, and 8fps faster than last years ultratec. Where did the speed come from? Hard to believe that much from only a string and silencer change. I did notice that the axle length is slightly less, maybee more limb preload? I would prefer the Ultratec over the Vtec, even if the speed was the same. Not really interested in the new Trykon, due to the fact that I would need a new bow press, and some other issues.

· Registered
421 Posts
from what i heard the speed comes from the new strings. could also be that last years data was inaccurate. i was an advocate for the ultratec until i shot this years trykon xl. dont what reasons are, but you should one. if gives you more speed and more forgiveness.

· Registered
1,796 Posts
I got a trykon xl coming, but my bow this yr is an 05' ultratec. At a measured
28 1/4" amo draw its shooting 307 @ 5 grains/lb. This is w/ spiral cams and "Crackers" strings. My hope is that after the proper amount of tweaking, that I can get close to that w/ the XL......

· Registered
8,115 Posts
I've got an Ultratec with spirals 29 inch at 5 grains per pound I get 311. I'm happy with that.

I was wrong about the brace height. Looks like nothing has changed measurement wise on the UT.

· BOWHUNTING ELITIST
3,749 Posts
the new speed numbers on the website and in the catalog are with cam 1/2 not spirals. i couldn't figure out why the utratec and ultraelite lost speed, until i finaly found that out.

· Registered
2,004 Posts
I was told the new speed numbers are because all the cam&1/2s are coming setup in the E draw length module hole instead of the D slot they have in the past. We have been hearing for quite some time this is where they perform the best so this year that is where Hoyt set them up.
Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.