Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 972 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the skiddily diddily on the new Hoyt lineup? In speaking with a customer rep on some unrelated issues, they are keeping things very tight lipped; however, I have been told we should see some neat changes. Upgrade to the cam and 1/2 half perhaps? Longer risers and parallel limbs on a redesigned Protec or Ultratec? A change to the spiral cam and 1/2 system?

Come one come all, if you have goods, spill them. Pictures are also always welcome!

:darkbeer: :cocktail: :confused: :pukey:

·
Vendor
35,724 Posts
Give it up. You will not have any confirmations until atleast the end of October which is when the Hoyt reps will be back form their visit to shoot the new bows.

At this point, they don't even know anything for sure.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone must know something.

Scottie said:
Give it up. You will not have any confirmations until atleast the end of October which is when the Hoyt reps will be back form their visit to shoot the new bows.

At this point, they don't even know anything for sure.

I'll give up nothing. Someone must have some bit of information out there. The Hoyt rep indicated that the lineup will be release in late October and it will be interesting to see what they do.

Peace out.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Whats the rush :confused:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Who cares, they will be great just like everything else hoyt has built....
( excluding the POS trykon line)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Big Daddy POP said:
Does anyone have the skiddily diddily on the new Hoyt lineup? In speaking with a customer rep on some unrelated issues, they are keeping things very tight lipped; however, I have been told we should see some neat changes. Upgrade to the cam and 1/2 half perhaps? Longer risers and parallel limbs on a redesigned Protec or Ultratec? A change to the spiral cam and 1/2 system?

Come one come all, if you have goods, spill them. Pictures are also always welcome!

A friend of mine was on a hunt earlier this year with Fred Ichler (spelling?) and Rany Walk was in camp. According to my friend, and this is only rumor, Randy made a comment about sometime soon, in the future, Hoyt will go draw length specific on most all their bows. Could be this year, or next. Personally, I think they will shoot themselves in the foot if they do.

·
Banned
910 Posts
Parallel limbs do reduce shock and noise, but they dont shoot as good as traditional geometry compounds. Why do you think most Mathews shooters are going with Apex's for competition.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Art 51 said:
A friend of mine was on a hunt earlier this year with Fred Ichler (spelling?) and Rany Walk was in camp. According to my friend, and this is only rumor, Randy made a comment about sometime soon, in the future, Hoyt will go draw length specific on most all their bows. Could be this year, or next. Personally, I think they will shoot themselves in the foot if they do.

Not really most of the better bows/cams are already and have been draw length specific for some time. Or with a tad bit of adjustment up and down. If you have been shooting for more than a year and don't know your draw.......

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Moose mustard said:
Parallel limbs do reduce shock and noise, but they dont shoot as good as traditional geometry compounds. Why do you think most Mathews shooters are going with Apex's for competition.

well you beat me to it here. i for one would be severly disapointed to see parallel limbs on the protec (or anyother bow in the line up with the exclusion of something like the trykon for the guys who like that) i've shot many of the parallel limb bows on the market and not to say they're not great bows but that design does not fit my nor my shooting in any way. in my minds eye the protec for me is the absoloute best piece of shooting equipment on the market today and i would be devastated to see any changes made to perfection:wink:

on a happy note i highly doubt there will be i was speaking with a friend of mine from hoyt:zip: and he told me this was the first year in history that the protec and proelite outsold the ultratec and ultraelite so apparently many others have discovered the perfection in this shooting machine wich i believe will keep this sacred design safe for at least a few more years.

as for draw length specific cams as stated earlier i think this would upset soome folks but i actually wouldn't mind seeing it happen. draw length specific cams are more efficient than the adjustable cams but the problems they present are resale becomes difficult and for guys who don't know their draw length getting the right set up can be a pain. i wouldn't mind seeing a drawlength specific cam 1/2 to compliment the spirals but i think it would be a wise choice to make them as an option rather than standard leaving the reg. adjustable cam 1/2 as the standard cam design

either way i'm sure what ever they have up their sleeve will be great and i'm sure i'll be buying a few new protecs when they do come out. the biggest thing i'm looking forward to is the possibility of new target colors

·
Registered
231 Posts
Art 51 said:
I love my Switchback, but it, too, is draw length specific. What a pain.

Mark

·
Registered
703 Posts
Moose mustard said:

Ah, that would be because of the longer ATA. Nothing to do with shooting better, more stable/forgiving yes, but shoots better no.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Knowing your draw length is not the issue. It's resale, and youths. I am not going to spend my hard earned money on a bow that won't grow with my kids for at least a couple of years.
I do agree that the cams should (and could) be an option.
However, on the Hoyt side of the coin, is their bottom line, and that is putting more bows out there. By making them draw length specific, their dealers will be forced to stock more bows in all the different draw lengths.
PS- I do shoot Hoyt. Love the new Trykon. I have shot them all, and have owned the Protec and the Ultratec. I am more focused on hunting these days and preferr the smotheness of the parallel limbs and the x'tra % of let off. If your a tournament archer and 3-D competitor that great. Enjoy.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Planning meetings are typically held in May. Agency principles are called into these meetings (if the manufacturer is smart) to discuss trends in the market and a best guess at what the market will be come next season. Any new products are discussed and determined at these meetings. Some changes have already been decided upon by the manufacturer by this time simply because of tooling lead times. The timing of these meetings allows the manufacturer adequate time to accomplish all that will be necessary to bring that product to market by the Oct to Jan timeframe (depending on the company of course).

These agency principles (and manufacturers) would have to be brain dead to tip their hand to the competition regarding changes to product, new product intro's, program changes, pricing, etc.

So, information that gets floated about may be misinformation, wishful thinking or somebody's wet dream. Sometimes, the information is accurate. Thing is, nobody will know with 100% certainty until the rep carries the catalog into that dealer's door.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wait and see.

Bow_Rep said:
Planning meetings are typically held in May. Agency principles are called into these meetings (if the manufacturer is smart) to discuss trends in the market and a best guess at what the market will be come next season. Any new products are discussed and determined at these meetings. Some changes have already been decided upon by the manufacturer by this time simply because of tooling lead times. The timing of these meetings allows the manufacturer adequate time to accomplish all that will be necessary to bring that product to market by the Oct to Jan timeframe (depending on the company of course).

These agency principles (and manufacturers) would have to be brain dead to tip their hand to the competition regarding changes to product, new product intro's, program changes, pricing, etc.

So, information that gets floated about may be misinformation, wishful thinking or somebody's wet dream. Sometimes, the information is accurate. Thing is, nobody will know with 100% certainty until the rep carries the catalog into that dealer's door.
Or until someone posts the catalog pictures here! Great discussion everyone. I agree as well that to change the protec would be a mistake. I have shot many hoyt bows and I now shoot the protec. It is the only bow I want to shoot as it is so smooth and forgiving. I just cannot seem to find the same fell with any other bow, hoyt or not. It will be interesting to see if hoyt makes any changes to it or to the cams. Something like the Zephr cams is possible, (Although the "Z" cams were designed for the parallel limbs of the trykon and the trykon xl) if they work at it. We will have to wait and see.

·
Vendor
35,724 Posts
Big Daddy POP said:
I'll give up nothing. Someone must have some bit of information out there. The Hoyt rep indicated that the lineup will be release in late October and it will be interesting to see what they do.

Peace out.

GOOD NEWS!!
I just talked w/a Hoyt rep and he is emailing the new catalog. He said I should have it by

November 1st.
:wink: :darkbeer:

·
Registered
470 Posts
My guess is that you will see a change in the Trykon cam system regarding the abrupt let-off. They definitely should change that one aspect of the draw curve if they aren't planning on it already :)

Bets? :wink:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
That abrupt cam is what helps make the sppeds that it does. that short valley increases the power stroke which increases the speed. that cam isnt that bad if the bow is set up for you. But when I pull one back in the shop that is 2 inches to long for me it really feels unshootable. At my DL they feel great.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
WIHoyt said:
That abrupt cam is what helps make the sppeds that it does. that short valley increases the power stroke which increases the speed. that cam isnt that bad if the bow is set up for you. But when I pull one back in the shop that is 2 inches to long for me it really feels unshootable. At my DL they feel great.

I totally agree. In fact, I have my Trykon shooting better than any Hoyt bow I've ever owned, and I've owned a new Hoyt every year. Doesn't make it the best bow in the world, but it DOES make it a great bow, with zero issues.
I pulled back a Switchback, Allegiance, and a couple others in the bow shop the other day, right along side my Trykon XL, and I could hardly tell a difference between most of them.
People start talking smack about certain bows, and the next thing you know, everyone suddenly thinks they have a "harsh" draw or a bow that isn't smooth drawing. Sheesh.
Understand, this post is not directed to anyone who has posted in this thread at all.
I just get tired of hearing people say the Trykon is "harsh", when they have NO idea what they're talking about.

·
Registered
826 Posts
A question I have is? Has Hoyt done anything to alleviate the problem with getting their risers anodized. I understood most of the colors for the 06 target bows were dropped because of this? I ordered my staff bow in Blue Fusion as early as possible, and was told later that it wasn't available anymore.

1 - 20 of 972 Posts