Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a cobalt blue 2007 hoyt ultra elite in good shape, anodising slightly ribbed off in small area on front of shelf corner, bow has xt 3000 limbs and is 50-60lbs 28'' spiral cams, i just got it today but i realized spirals arnt for me looking to sell for 600tyd or trade for alphamax 35 in target color, hoyt 38 pro or mainly any hoyt with c2 cams or cam 1/2 plus but mainly c2.

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
Any way you would be interested in a Alphamax 32. I know you said 35, but just thought i would throw out the offer.

THanks
Ben

·
Registered
5 Posts
spiral cams

If you don't mind me asking... what don't you like about the spiral cams?? I just purchased an 07 ultra elite with c2's at 28"... from what i've read, i was hoping to find spirals, but settled

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I am not sure as to his reasonings, b/c everyone is different and everyone has what they like.

Here is what I have learned over the past few weeks about Hoyt's and their different cams by shooting many different Hoyt bows with all different types of cams.

Spiral-X cams are super stiff drawing, and don't drop off in a valley b/c they are a low let-off cam.

Personally, I like Spiral-X cams. I like them so much that I intend on buying an AlphaBurner to hunt with next year. It's all in personal preference.

I also plan on getting an Ultra-Elite with Spiral-X cams for 3D b/c they "load-up" really quickly and are very stiff drawing. They make you learn to draw smoothly and correctly, where as some folks draw really quickly and hastily.

Hey NC, I'll trade ya that Dren LD for that Ultra Elite.....

PM me if interested.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
From the pic those spirals look to be way out of tune, they should be leaning forward at the top. This would make them feel very different than they should > I would get the strings checked and put into spec and try it out for a while first. The spirals are GreaT!

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i understand but the string and cable are set to hoyts specs and no matter what twisting i do they sit there, i just want c2s again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.