Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all,

I have a question about the 2008 Bowtech "The Rock". What is your thoughts about this bow? I have a chance to get one that is new. It has not been in the woods and has only been shot a very few times. It is loaded and ready to hunt. Any and all comments needed. I thank you for your time in this matter.

Calvin

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Good,solid bow.Very easy to shoot well.We sold one to a customer last year that had never shot a bow or hunted a day in his life and he was able to take 2 deer last year with it,made an excellent shot on both and recovery was within 40yds.

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
Solid bow. Great shooter.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
60#er maxed at 61# shoots 365 gr GT UL's at 285 fps......30" DL. Like the others said, it's a solid bow and will do most anything you could ask a bow to do....and it has a very smooth draw.

Gary

·
Registered
492 Posts
I love mine. It is a good bow. Mine is 26/65 and Im getting 265 fps out of it. If you get it put a string stop on it, it makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New bow!!!!!

I have to say, I an a new owner of a Rock!!!!! It is a 2008, but it has only had 100 arrows shot from it. I will post some photos in the morning. It is quick and quiet. It is set on 70 the man said. I am going to get it tested here at tripple Edge in Mont Belvieu, Texas. They are a bunch of good people. I want to get into some comp shooting now. Anyone do that? I have a 20"x20" block and the arrows sink up to 6" from the fletchings. That is good penetration. I am going to tune it up some. I just shot 12 yards. I also got to get the peep site adjusted to fit me. More info and field test to come.

Calvin

·
Registered
365 Posts
I just started archery in the summer and got a 2009 diamond the rock and love it. This fall I shot a Doe at 40yds. clean pass through both shoulders. She only made it about 15yds and crashed.

Great solid,accurate,quiet,lightweight bow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts