Archery Talk Forum banner

2008 early Season Game Plan... Opinions and advice welcomed.

389 1
Going to be hunting the early season befor the rut on the ground. I will be hunting these fields. Corn field on the right and bean field on the left (Seperated aby about 35-40 yards) and a whole lot of CRP. I have been watching this area for the last two months and it's like clock work. First the does come, 8-15 ladies w/babies anytime after 5. And then the big boys have been coming out, and to me big is anything older than a spike, this is only my second year hunting. The bucks have been traveling in groups of 3-5. The bigger one trails back, 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 in age, and lets a couple 1 1/2 out first followed by a 2 1/2to 3 1/2 year old. They walk out of the corn and then either over the hill or to the beans.
I'm going to be playing the wind and either hide in the corn and wait and hope that they come out and walk by me. Or hide in the CRP and hope they walk out and right by me. I will be using **** urine for my cover since I have seen lots of ***** running around the edges of the corn before disappearing into it.
Season opens next weekend 9/27 in SD here so I have some time. I think the corn is a food plot and the beans will probably be dried up in about 3 weeks, so I'm on somewhat of a time table, also I can only hunt once a week.

First photo's are of the field. The last pic is of the smaller of the big bucks, which will get a sharp stick if given the opportunity, the bigger one already walked over the hill. This is the first pic I tried Digiscoping so bear with me.

Like I said any advice/opinions are more than welcomed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.