Archery Talk Forum banner

2008 THE Deerman Prizes???

501 6
For any of you that won an event at last year's THE World, did you ever get your buckles???

J
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right, maybe I am just being impatient. :dontknow:
It's kind of wierd, when I have won other tourneys, I would get my trophy, buckle, plaque and/or prizes usually within seven to ten days (sometimes sooner).

J

· Registered
157 Posts
Me and some buddies shot the Kansas event last year and have not recieved any buckles yet. Talked to some guys that shot in 2007 and 2008 and they never got thier awards either, thats one of the reasons they only had about 20 shooters total for a two day shoot last year. Dont get your hopes up.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I shot Blake Shelton's Raindance a few years back and THE was the sanctioning organization with that event. I forget exactly where I placed (I want to say second, but I couldn't swear by it) but I placed somewhere on the top 5 in my class. My position entitled me to some pretty big prizes. It took FOREVER to get them to make good. I finally had to threaten to get the local press involved and they blamed the delay on Blake Shelton's ex-wife (have copies of emails to prove it). Willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, I believed them. Now,with the lack of communication and follow-up with this prize issue, coupled with the fact that they had my scores wrong on their website and told me they would fix it but never did, I think I realize where the blame lies. It's a shame. I know the folks who run THE and I liked them and a lot of things about the organization, but I can't support someone who doesn't keep their word.

BTW, they could have updated me/us on the status of my/our buckle(s), they have my email address. The reason I know this is that they SPAMed me a few weeks ago about some Lab puppies they want to sell.

It is a shame, but I think I will have to enlist some help to get my buckle. If anyone is interested, PM me with your contact information and I will pass it along to the regional news station when I talk to them about this. I know what you are thinking, why would the news get involved. I am willing to bet they will. If nothing else, I am willing to give it a shot so we can get what we paid for...

For you bystanders/fans of THE, please don't think I am over-reacting. I have been down this road before with the owners of THE and told them at that time that this would not happen again. It isn't about the buckle as much as is it is about the principle. I hope you understand.

J

· Registered
270 Posts
I will not defend anything that happened at the Raindance thing. Not my deal I was only hosting it for them. And, yes they allowed me to make it a Santioned event so that all who attented also qualified for world.

This whole problem with the buckles has been just as upseting to me as it is to all of you. But, I do have it fixed now. The Buckles are being ordered this week and not because of any threats anyone has made. Along with this years buckles as well. I don't know about the missing buckles in kansas, off the top of my head but if anyone wishes to contact me I will order them a new one with this order if they are owned one. I will make good. And, this goes for any that maybe even futher back. If you are owed and have not received either, call, e-mail, PM. I will check records to see if you are owed.

I have been searching for a new buckle manufacture ever since last years World. Finally, found one that was within our budget. I have been posting updates about this on the website in the black box top left corner home page. We have given away buckles at our world event on Sunday 7 out of the 9 times it has been hosted. A few years back 06 I think and now two manufactures ago. The buckles were not finished on time the manufacture finally got them built and mailed them out himself for us. Then, the new guy who bailed us out in 07 buy building our buckles in less than a month when the frist manufacture went out of business. Dropped the ball this last year and sent me an e-mail a few weeks before world, saying he had not started on our buckles how would I like him to proceed. That is the last response I have had from him period.
Now, we have found a manufacture out of Canada.

Jason, I do understand you being upset. I hate this, but I will fix it. I am trying to take measures to insure it doesn't happen again. I can not regain your trust or anyone elses with words here, only over time. I am very sorry for the score thing. I will make no excuse, other than I missed that one even though you told me several times. This Webmaster thing is much harder than I thought. However, I will try to get better. Heck, I thought I did change it, not challenging you cause like I said this is harder than I thought. And, am now understanding why heather burned out.

All, I can do is try to get better for the future. I can not change the past. We have fallen on some very bad luck the past few years here with awards. My only hope is that you all will give us the chance to recover. I have gone to building arrows for awards this year that will be handed out on Sunday of each event. One of my measures that I am trying to improve with.

· Registered
157 Posts
"missing buckles in kansas"

Maybe I'm all wet but I thought I saw a section in your rules last year that said state champ. winners recieved buckles, I did not see that section in this years rules. Maybe you can clarify what events had buckles for prizes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.