Archery Talk Forum banner

How much have you shot, and what you gonna do?

• LESS than 2000 shots - I'm keeping it.

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • LESS than 2000 shots - Time for a new bow.

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • LESS than 2000 shots - I'm looking at another brand.

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • MORE than 2000 shots - I'm keeping it.

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • MORE than 2000 shots - Time for a new bow.

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • MORE than 2000 shots - I'm looking at another brand.

Votes: 4 7.4%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, "owners only" Like that's going to happen. :set1_rolf2:
Hey Poorguy, how is it that you're always jumping in there first with a response? Hmmmmm....

Well, I tried.... Maybe I should have also specified nobody should vote if they are affiliated by B/T... :suspiciou
Actually, I did finally get my bow shooting "acceptable" for hunting, but the entire experience pretty much did me in.

I'm not voting on this personally, I just want to know if other owners are satisfied with the bow overall. It's hard, because most folks (I think) buy a bow, and don't shoot it much once hunting season begins. I shoot every day - sometimes 50+ shots. Because the hunting is so hard here in NH, you may only get one or two shot opportunity all season long. (Doing this keeps confidence up, and hopefully compensate for any shortcomings.)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hey Poorguy, how is it that you're always jumping in there first with a response? Hmmmmm....

Well, I tried.... Maybe i should have also specified nobody should vote if they are affiliated by B/T... :rolleyes:
Actually, I did finally get my bow shooting "acceptable" for hunting, but the entire experience pretty much did me in.

I'm not voting on this personally, I just want to know if other owners are satisfied with the bow overall. It's hard, because most folks (I think) buy a bow, and don't shoot it much once hunting season begins. I shoot every day - sometimes 50+ shots. Because the hunting is so hard here in NH, you may only get one or two shot opportunity all season long. (Doing this keeps confidence up, and hopefully compensate for any shortcomings.)
I hope everyone shoots their bows a lot before hunting. At least I hope so. I'd find that the norm, not the exception.

I put 1000's upon 1000's of shots through my bows all year. Now mind you I own 6 at the moment and the bow varies from shoot to shoot.

And I guess I'm just online when you are, lucky I guess. :wink:

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
LOL, "owners only" Like that's going to happen. :set1_rolf2:
You're correct.........the thread starter should have had the guys who vote AT names be available to view to keep out the fanboys from other companies.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Well i love my Admiral...period!
Best bow ive ever owned or shot..IMO.
Ive had ZERO tuning issues with mine and i shoot it lights out!
What a great hunting bow...short ATA, very smooth draw,good speed and absoulutly dead quiet..i never thought i would like a bow more than my Gaurdian but i have found one.i will be hunting with this bow for awhile.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like most owners are satisfied....

I should have asked people to elaborate on why they answered as they did. Would have given better feedback and kept the thread alive.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I have shot more than 2000 shots and am keeping my bow but it is a sentinel not the admiral. The sentinel supposedly had more torque and tuning issues than the other 09 bows.

I shot my high score of the year at 3d the day after I got it so the bow is a a shooter if you do your part. I will say it was not the most forgivivng bow I have ever shot and I swapped out the roller guard for a traditional slide.
Lost a few fps but now the bow shoots amazingly!

I will likely have this bow for a very long time!

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Broken Limbs --Give it a rest.
Give it a rest? My response to the satisfaction survey was actually a humbling one indicating that most responders seem to like their bows enough to keep them. I didn't even cast my own vote here...

As for adding your two cents worth, if you have a good shooting Admiral, good for you.

I only have 8 years experience (hard core) hunting with a bow. But I do know when there's a problem, and I've got one with this Admiral. One that I can't solve myself I might add. (And I had been working on it for several months before even coming here to A/T looking for help.)

My problems with this bow are very disconcerting, particularly because I have always been a dedicated BowTech shooter.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Crackerized it shoots like a dream

But my biggest problem that BOWTECH WONT ADMIT TO is finding enough time to shoot with 3 active kids:wink:

TAG

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
These threads do get exhausting after awhile but I'll chime in once more on my experience with BT. I had a cam bearing go out after only 6 weeks. Took it to the dealer. He called up his rep on the spot. Had not 1, but 2 new cams sent 2 days later. My bow was down a total of 3 days. That was EXCELLENT customer service in my book.

Secondly, I loved how it shot. I could care less about what it does to paper. It would stack arrows at 40 yds. which is my longest practice shot at the house. As best I could tell the centershot was down the middle without breaking out the micrometer for confirmation. It would stack fixed heads right with field points at 40 yds. That's what I bought it for.

Sounds like if I wanted to make pretty holes in paper at 6' I might be disappointed.
Lucky for me that's not why I bought it. It was as accurate and tuned as easily as anything I've ever had. Never had trouble sending an arrow where I placed the pin.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These threads do get exhausting after awhile but I'll chime in once more on my experience with BT. I had a cam bearing go out after only 6 weeks. Took it to the dealer. He called up his rep on the spot. Had not 1, but 2 new cams sent 2 days later. My bow was down a total of 3 days. That was EXCELLENT customer service in my book.
0zarks2
Yes, they do get exhausting. Even for me trying to get every angle I can in my attempts to get answers & either correct or work out whatever is happening when I shoot. The very reason I put up the poll here as I did was to see how people's opinion of this bow were over time, and to further diagnose whether the biggest problem could possibly be me & or something I was doing.

After nearly two months of looking for help, just today (12/11/09) did I get some info relative to bearing issues (which may be torque induced) from several sources that actually make sense with regards to my experiences with this bow. Which I might add sounds like the problem you may have had after only 6 weeks of ownership. That's why I PM'd you for additional info. Hope to hear back from you...

I take exceptional care of my equipment. Zero rust etc....
That being said, when I purchase a bow, I expect to get a bow that will take 10,000 shots without things (other than loops, strings and rubber silencers etc.) failing and or exploding. (IMHO, the manufacturers "lifetime" original owner warranty kind of implies that's what you should expect anyways.)

Maybe I'm out of my mind to expect this... But that's the way my 2004 B/T 80# Justice has been... (And the bow before that one too!) Zero issues, (replaced loop & strings) & still shoots consistently, with well over 7500 shots. Even still have the original rubber vibration / silencers (and they still look like new) on the new string! For hunting, the Justice is a tough bow to top. (Just owning it in the first place probably spoiled me, and set the bar that much higher. -again IMHO) But that's why I haven't upgraded for 5 years... (On a side note, the upper string rubber "spider" tore & blew of my Admiral after only 100 shots or so. (Which didn't bother me a bit. still quiet. Besides, they don't even show it on the B/T website as a factory standard item on the 2009 Admiral.)

PS: Cute photo aggiegoddess!

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I'll bite, your poll is flawed. Either it's a keeper or not.

True, some have had tuning issues. The majority have not.

It is quite posssible to get the Admiral to shoot very well. Two I have shot extensively do. (As in an average of four to five days a week for the past fourteen months)

So, let me bottom line it for the OP. The ADM is an excellent hunting bow and worth your time and efforts to get it shooting right.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Once again Rob, showing us how well you do with PR. Real professional bud. Really makes people just want to run right out a buy a bowtech.
Yet another personal attack. It's getting old. That statement of mine you quoted had nothing to do with PR, nothing to do with Bowtech, it's a simple fact that a lot of the votes will come from members that never owned a Bowtech. Simple Fact. Nice try on your flame attack but it's quite apparent by all the PM's I'm getting what your agenda is. You don't own an Admiral, from what I understand, never have but I bet you voted. :wink:

It's not unprofessional to laugh and joke. :wink:

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll bite, your poll is flawed. Either it's a keeper or not.

True, some have had tuning issues. The majority have not.

It is quite posssible to get the Admiral to shoot very well. Two I have shot extensively do. (As in an average of four to five days a week for the past fourteen months)

So, let me bottom line it for the OP. The ADM is an excellent hunting bow and worth your time and efforts to get it shooting right.
You're missing the point of my poll. Each reply is associated with a frequency of shooting to establish whether or not high volume shooters are getting what they expect out of the bow. IE: Is something changing which over time is adversely effecting shoot-ability, & has the bow lived up to purchasers expectations over time. (I asked specific questions with a number to quantify each response. - ULTIMATELY TO DETERMINE IF I'M SHOOTING A "LEMON.")

Respectfully submitted, (since you obviously have quite a bit of experience with your bow too) - I don't dispute the possibility of the your Admiral being a good shooting hunting bow. Based on specs and feel, the Admiral should be (and feels like) the best bow I've ever held. And mine shot beautifully when it was new.

Again, your statement disputes all the posts regarding issues many people have with: new bows with cams rubbing string @ full draw, (which I saw myself on other New RH 09 Admiral bows at the dealer)... roller torque issues,... clicking rollers (mine did till I fixed it with a thin spacer)... and the inconsistent "touchy" shooting that has afflicted my Admiral. (which has unfortunately become progressively worse over time) If there is in fact a QC issue with this bow, all the time in the world won't get the bow shooting right if there is something wrong / out of spec. And if there are parts (ie: bearings getting "lumpy") & progressively deteriorating accuracy due to high usage as a result of the roller guard pressure pulling unevenly on the cam axles... Well that's a problem that can only by solved by custom mods which void the warranty. (or possibly more durable & stronger bearings....)

This brings me to the shoot through mod that someone took a lot of time to design and produce in quantity to address engineering issues introduced by the roller guide. You don't see these kind of things going on with most bows to this extent. There would be no little point in designing this "warranty voiding" product if there was not a problem, right? Because few would purchase it...

PS: A high percentage of high volume shooters seem to be content with the bow. Which leads me to believe it's either me or it's the bow!:wink:

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OOPS, What I meant to say...

Thus far, the poll leads me to believe it's either ME, or an issue that MY particular bow is experiencing. (Because there appears to be many 2009 Admiral owners who shoot frequently and are satisfied.)

And contrary to what many of you may think based on all my posts... I see this emerging outcome as a positive sign of hope!
(Like I said in an earlier post somewhere, I still want to like the bow.)

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
So you are saying your Admiral issues are degenerative. Got it. Further, I'm not discounting those who have had issues with their ADM's. I'm telling you that the two I have shot extensively in both 60 and 70 lbs respectively, have been incredible shooters for me. No "lumpy" no "rubbing" no "clicking" no "touchy". Both 09 so no FLX and I'm not alone.

As for Walks With GI, he's working on improving what he has. Certainly merit in that.

Now moving forward...
If I were in your shoes I would sell that bow immediately and purchase a 2010.

Best of luck

·
Meat-N-Taters Kinda Guy
Chill-R for hunting, Barnsdale My Addiction ST for punching holes
15,577 Posts
I liked mine, I just wanted more speed (not really, I wanted more kinetic energy)....Both of my Admirals tuned fine and shot better than I can....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts