Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's changed this year? I see on the website that they have gone from the venom twin cams to the Xtreme venom cams. It says it gives you 5% more let off, another inch in draw length adjustment and a more solid wall. Why are they using the old cams on the Black Mamba XL, and can the Black Mamba XL be fitted with the new cams? I also heard they changed the riser? If so, what changed? Are there any other improvements other previous years?

· Registered
1,398 Posts
What's changed this year? I see on the website that they have gone from the venom twin cams to the Xtreme venom cams. It says it gives you 5% more let off, another inch in draw length adjustment and a more solid wall. Why are they using the old cams on the Black Mamba XL, and can the Black Mamba XL be fitted with the new cams? I also heard they changed the riser? If so, what changed? Are there any other improvements other previous years?
Sorry guys, I have been busy these past few days and have not had the time surf around the way I usually do. The biggest change for APA in 2009 is the new Xtreme Venom twin cams, it does have a higher letoff and a more solid back wall. However we are not offering that cam on the Mamba XL for now, maybe in the future when we have more time for testing but right now we are running at greater than 100% just to fill orders. The new riser you speak of is the new Fang riser for the Mamba XL and the Python, it is lighter and stiffer and it resists lateral tourque better than last years riser, and of course it has the fang below the top limb reciever. It is similar to the fang riser we released last year that the Viper, Boa, MX1, MX2 and the King Cobra are curently using, just longer to accomodate the longer bows. The other change is purely cosmetic and that is the camo, we are now using Camo West Vanish Hybrid, which I feel is a more open, more versatile camo pattern. It has a lighter tone and it will blend into more environments around the globe.

I hope this answers all your questions! :darkbeer:

· Registered
157 Posts
I have both the 2008 and 2009 catalogs from my local dealer. The Venom Twin cams from the 2008 catalog are way different than the ones shown in the 2009 catalog. They look exactly the same as the Extreme venom twin cams. I figured it must have been a typo..but when I was looking at buying, it did give me some confusion between them.

I did order an MX1 lefty in red. I was told it would take 2 weeks. My dealer phoned today and was told maybe in another few weeks there would be a shipment sent to them...not that my bow would be on it. I knew a few weeks would be awfully optimistic for a lefty in target colours.

Nice to see APA is so busy. Got no choice but to wait. :)

· Registered
1,398 Posts
I have both the 2008 and 2009 catalogs from my local dealer. The Venom Twin cams from the 2008 catalog are way different than the ones shown in the 2009 catalog. They look exactly the same as the Extreme venom twin cams. I figured it must have been a typo..but when I was looking at buying, it did give me some confusion between them.

I did order an MX1 lefty in red. I was told it would take 2 weeks. My dealer phoned today and was told maybe in another few weeks there would be a shipment sent to them...not that my bow would be on it. I knew a few weeks would be awfully optimistic for a lefty in target colours.

Nice to see APA is so busy. Got no choice but to wait. :)
Unfortunately there was a typo in the catalogue that we did not pick up on until after they went to print and we could not stop it. Check the web site for any needed clarification on the cams, and yes the cam is new for 2009 and an impovement over last years VT cam.

· Registered
1,398 Posts
What if we dont want 5% more letoff? I like low letoff bows, helps me hold steadier.
For the two cam bows you will be restricted to the Mamba XL if you like a little lower let off. On the single cams, you can advance the draw stop peg a little bit to stop the cam from coming all the way into the valley, this will however also shorten the draw length a little so you may have to set the draw module a 1/2" long and then move the peg ahead to get the desired effect. I hope you understand that!:confused:

· Registered
157 Posts
I figured it was a typo once I got my hand on the 08 catalog.

Good things will come in their own good time. Hopefully, this Monday will be the last Public Night that I will have to shoot my older bows. Once I get the new bow, I will be joining one of the local clubs. I will also post photos of the equipment when it comes in.

· Registered
157 Posts
The local dealer got her last years Black Mamba converted to a King Cobra. She received it last week. When I went to order 3 weeks ago, I was told by the same person that the King Cobras were being held up due to lack of limb pocket supply (or something like that). I ordered the MX1 instead, which I haven't received yet. I was able to shoot a Boa last Monday. That experience didn’t help me any as all it did was make me want my bow sooner than later lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.