Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am thinking about buying a new Bear Truth 2. I have heard alot of good things about them and was just wondering if anyone has had any good/bad experiences with them. I have not had the opportunity to shoot one yet, but if I can scratch up enough money I think I may get one. Let me know what you think guys!

Thanks,
Drew

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
I shot it and I liked it. Didn't buy it though bought the Omen instead.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you sir, I have found a good deal on the Truth 2's but I was just wondering how the speed of the bow stacked up against some of the rest.

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
It was quick, and smooth I just wanted somethign faster

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have one. It is sweet. Plus it came with Winner's Choice strings from the factory:darkbeer: They are a steal right now at $350.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Bt2

Duke:
Posted something similar re the BT2 on another thread. Might as well pass it along for you. Got my BT2 a few months ago. First thing I did was cut 1/8" off the suppressor rods. Now the bumpers fit better and should last a long time. Those aluminum rods are just a tad long and easy to work with. It'll make a difference. I added LS's for split limbs (no more than 2" fm the limb pockets), and my Doinker A-bomb elite stab. There seems to be no shock or vibration in this bow. Shoots well at 60# (270+ fps/350 gr). Those flared split-limbs really load up the energy. Nice valley, w/o wanting to creep or take off. Good solid wall to hold to.
It's as quiet as a friend's new Outback and seems to have the same cam.
The long riser makes it smooth, easy to hold and feel like a longer bow...Feels about the same as my 37" Slayer (which is now for sale). All in all I'd say that with them going for under $400 you're onto one of the best sleeper bows going. A year ago they were $699...If you get one and tune it to your liking you'll like it very much...But you have to play w/one to see how it feels/fits you. I think Bear did a good job here and their new line looks very good. I'm more than satisfied with my BT2. Enjoy

·
Registered
417 Posts
I had one myself. I liked the way it felt when shot. I myself didn't have any limb problems with mine, but I do know of four different people that have had their limbs split on them. I started hearing of the limb issues and got rid of mine before it happened to me. If Bear could get the limb issues squared away I would probably buy another. But until then I would stay away from them. Just my opinion.

·
save the decoys!!!!!!!!!!
7,033 Posts
i didnt buy a bow this year, but tested em all for fun. the bear truth 2 was one of my favorites, and with the price i wouldnt hesitate in the least. great bow.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow thanks guys for all the help and pointers....I appreciate every bit of it!'
Keep em coming guys I want all the info I can get!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Thanks for the tip about trimming the string suppressor rods down. I did notice the other day that the string on mine is FIRMLY planted into the suppressors, so much so that it makes an audible "twang" when I pull the string ever so slightly from the at rest position.

I will have to pull the rubber claws off and file a bit off of the rods.

I too appreciate the info as I just received my bow for the super low price of 358.99. :)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So you can just pull the rubber suppressors off and cut the rod or file the rod down just a little bit? because i have heard that the suppressors stick out just a little too far.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sweet looking bow

I Like the way the Bear Truth 2 looks.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
The truth II is the most underated bow out there, I currently shoot Hoyt bows, but have a truth II. My truth II is maxed out at 70# and it's smooth as it can be, shoots great, and holds like a rock.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have one and I love it. With my all the way cranked down on a scale its pulling 75lbs. It shoots great and realy zip's arrows at my 28 inch draw

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome....thanks guys for all the help....now I just got to get the money together....I'm prolly gonna be getting rid of an 07 Bear Element in the next few weeks if anyone is interested!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I went from a 07 bear element which i see you have in your thread to a bear truth, and love it, i have heard that the truth 2 is even better so if you can get a good deal on one you will not regret it.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
i love my 08 bear game over. cant go wrong with the truth 2, a friend of mine has the truth and loves it, killed some big deer with it too

1 - 20 of 28 Posts