Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out about 3 today for the first time this year. I went out with a mindset that if a nice doe gave me a good shot I would take her for my antlerless tag.

It was pretty chilly and raining on and off most of the afternoon. Just before 6 the clouds broke up a bit and I was surprised to see a deer just standing on a trail within range to my front and left. She was just standing there looking behind her so I looked her over well and decided to shoot. I ranged her twice at 17 yards. She gave me all the time in the world and I took it. When I finally felt ready I squeezed the shot off and made a perfect double lung shot. She proceeded to make the biggest mule kick I have EVER seen! 50 yards later she was down and it only took a few seconds. I rounded up my grandpa from another tree and we got her cleaned up and ready for our butchering process tomorrow!

Equipment preformed great. See sig if you want details. This is my first deer with the g5 strikers and they were amazing. Busted though her and stuck in the mud. Nice blood considering the wetness of the ground.

Attachments

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Congrats on the doe ..

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
congrats, great looking doe and shot!

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Good job.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Awesome!!!

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Awesome...congrats!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Congrats dude, Nice shot

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks again guys! Its always a blast to smack that first doe of the year. :darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts