Archery Talk Forum banner

2009 License and permits

491 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  BigAK 907
Just went on line and bought my 2009 Kentucky hunting license and spring turkey tags. While I was on there I entered the elk lotto...........so WISH ME LUCK!!! :wink:
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
10,965 Posts
me to:thumbs_up

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The $10 donation for the chance to go elk hunting isn't bad, but the $190 for the hunting license and turkey tags always makes me flinch a little. I guess I'm a little cheap, because I know that's a pretty good deal.

I have a nephew that drew a cow tag last year and filled the freezer with it. My brother said it was a good time! There are pics on the web site in my sig.

· Registered
495 Posts
I'd be just as happy drawing a cow tag as a bull. Just want to go for the experience. Connecting would be icing on the cake.

Did your nephew hunt on private or public land? I'll check out your site. My only concern would be drawing and trying to find a suitable place to hunt. Not to far to drive to put in some time to talk to some folks though and scout. Guess I'll worry about that if I draw.

Good luck everyone and let us know if you hit the lottery!

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd be just as happy drawing a cow tag as a bull. Just want to go for the experience. Connecting would be icing on the cake.

Did your nephew hunt on private or public land? I'll check out your site. My only concern would be drawing and trying to find a suitable place to hunt. Not to far to drive to put in some time to talk to some folks though and scout. Guess I'll worry about that if I draw.

Good luck everyone and let us know if you hit the lottery!
I believe he hunted on public land, but I'm not positive. If you get drawn get in touch with my brother, he doesn't gude in that part of the state, but he could probably recommend resources. I'm almost sure I read that they are drawing 1000 total permits this year. Don't quote that number, it could have come to me in a dream!

· Registered
1,975 Posts
the end of the month I belive...is the deadline

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
when is the deadline for purchasing/donating?
Look at the fish and game web site. I THINK it said April 30th. It could have been March though. You can apply on-line just like you're buying a license.

I know if I get in I'll have a couple of jealous brothers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.