Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a sneek peak, or any ideas on what Mathews might be coming out with for 2009.

I bought a switchback xt last year off of ebay, to replace my SQ2 and dropped it from my tree stand. Now my lower limb is cracked and the warranty is not valid unless Im the original purchaser. New limbs quoted to me at my closest mathews retailer are 120.00 each + shipping and then the labor to have them installed.

I thought about just buying the new DXT but I would like to hold out and see whats coming in 2009.

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on the new models or where I could find some cheaper replacement limbs for my Switchback?

· Registered
169 Posts
I worked at a Mathews dealer for 5 years, and let me tell you, $240 plus labor for a set of limbs is waaaaaay high! I believe we sold limbs for $100 a set, including labor. You might want to call another dealer for pricing, even if you have to drive a ways to get there, it sounds like it'd be worthwhile.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.. that sure sounds better... The quote I got was given to me by CK outfitters in Clarksville, TN.

I could stand 100.00 for limbs and labor.

For what they quoted me,, I thought I might as well buy a new one.

· Lift, Run, Shoot
15,077 Posts
I would get the limbs at a better price and stick with what you've got for now. If you don't, that bow is just throw away. With new limbs you can hunt with it and/or sell it used and get back some of the value (you'll get more than the limbs should cost you).

As for what Mathews has coming out you won't know for a while. They are the last to release and don't let too much out of the bag. I don't think it will be until Nov. that you'll hear/see anything definitive.

Additionally, and this is just my opinion so take it for what you like (and I used to shoot Mathews once upon a time and think they make good bows), I doubt they'll come out with anything too shockingly different from a primary hunting bow standpoint. For years now they've made only small incremental improvements in their bows. I would put the orginal Switchback, which they came out with like 4 years ago or so (and I owned one) up against any other hunting bow they've produced since then (and I've shot them all). Point is, I'm sure they'll have some good '09 bows but I doubt any advancements would be compelling enough that you'd feel like you simply HAD to upgrade from your Switchback XT (which is a great bow).

· Registered
715 Posts
a set of limbs shouldn't cost you more than a $150 tops. you might receive a set of black limbs if you do order them. being that they have their own camo pattern now they are sending out replacement limbs for older bows with black limbs if they don't have any of the original camo ones in stock.

· Registered
243 Posts
That sounds right

For the shop to buy the limbs from mathews it will cost them about $125 for the set. plus ad in the time for the shop to work on it when they can be helping someone who will actually spend money in there and buy their bows and not online and just bring in problems. That is what you get when you buy things off of ebay.

· Registered
5,628 Posts

As for what Mathews has coming out you won't know for a while. They are the last to release and don't let too much out of the bag. I don't think it will be until Nov. that you'll hear/see anything definitive.

Additionally, and this is just my opinion so take it for what you like (and I used to shoot Mathews once upon a time and think they make good bows), I doubt they'll come out with anything too shockingly different from a primary hunting bow standpoint. For years now they've made only small incremental improvements in their bows. I would put the orginal Switchback, which they came out with like 4 years ago or so (and I owned one) up against any other hunting bow they've produced since then (and I've shot them all).
I disagree with you on that.
I got all nostalgic this past spring and pulled out my old switchback, and shot it for a bit.
Didn't take long to hang it back up.
It's a good bow, but can't even come close to my Drenalin, IMO.

I heard that it will be Nov as well before we know anything, which is a bit aggravating.
I have a friend on PSE's Pro Staff and he's already ordered their new single cam bow they've come out with.

· Registered
282 Posts
For the shop to buy the limbs from mathews it will cost them about $125 for the set. plus ad in the time for the shop to work on it when they can be helping someone who will actually spend money in there and buy their bows and not online and just bring in problems. That is what you get when you buy things off of ebay.
I think If you are a dealer of a bow company you should honour their bows no matter where they come from

· Registered
8,473 Posts
Thanks.. that sure sounds better... The quote I got was given to me by CK outfitters in Clarksville, TN.

I could stand 100.00 for limbs and labor.

For what they quoted me,, I thought I might as well buy a new one.
Where you located, You seem to be fairly close to me and I maybe able to help you out with a couple of Mathews dealers I know. Plus if you decide to buy a new DXT the guy I go to sells them for $669, and that seems to be the best price around here by far on them.

· Registered
284 Posts
For years now they've made only small incremental improvements in their bows. I would put the original Switchback, which they came out with like 4 years ago or so (and I owned one) up against any other hunting bow they've produced since then (and I've shot them all).
thats what i keep telling everyone, the best shooting hunting bow around period. new or old!

I personally think mathews is just about out of innovations, they may add more dampers or make a different riser hole design. i think they've maxed out the single cam tech.

probably just a lil more of the same ole same ole, i think they could use another speed bow, like a re-engineered black max

-Dustin

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.