Archery Talk Forum banner

2009 Mathews?

2418 Views 43 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  DrenalinhnterCO
anybody heard anything? I did a search on it but couldnt get anything...let me know what youve got!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
1,421 Posts
Mathews usually waits until the AMO show to release thier line. Unless they arent going to the show then it will be in November sometime if I remember correctly. I am sure it will be more of the same, I doubt there will be any significant change. Goodluck and happy waiting.

· Registered
630 Posts
Mathews usually waits until the AMO show to release thier line. Unless they arent going to the show then it will be in November sometime if I remember correctly. I am sure it will be more of the same, I doubt there will be any significant change. Goodluck and happy waiting.
That comment was NOT necessary....if I remember correctly, they come out Nov. 17th

· Registered
681 Posts
I do not think that anything is going to be released until Mathews trade show in December. They are going to try to have there own trade show and they are unveiling them there I do believe.

· Registered
36,135 Posts
they will not have a dual cam bow under the mathews logo

Slim limbs are still in

little more speed

however as we know Mission does have a dual cam

look for a Bow released by McPherson Archery that is fast,,really fast!

Matt purchased McPherson

· Registered
1,101 Posts
I shot the 09 Drenalin at my local pro-shop and was told they will arrive in November. Only Mathews I have ever shot, very smooth and quiet.

· Maaaaaahh......THWACK!
Darton, Conquest, Black Eagle
2,863 Posts
its the ata show, not amo show

Traditionaly mathews has released the new bows at the ata show in jan. However, they haven't attended the national trade oganizations manufacturers show in several years. Appearntly they feel they are above that, so who knows. Be prepared for a single cam bow with a roller guard, harmonic dampening, string suppresors, arrow shelf(what ever the crap that is) and a ata between 30" and 34". Then commercials that say "what'll think of next?" In an attempt to convince us that they are still innovating in archery. Looking forward to seeing it................again!

· Registered
374 Posts
Traditionaly mathews has released the new bows at the ata show in jan. However, they haven't attended the national trade oganizations manufacturers show in several years. Appearntly they feel they are above that, so who knows. Be prepared for a single cam bow with a roller guard, harmonic dampening, string suppresors, arrow shelf(what ever the crap that is) and a ata between 30" and 34". Then commercials that say "what'll think of next?" In an attempt to convince us that they are still innovating in archery. Looking forward to seeing it................again!
Jealous that there still on top

· Registered
1,491 Posts
they will not have a dual cam bow under the mathews logo

Slim limbs are still in

little more speed

however as we know Mission does have a dual cam

look for a Bow released by McPherson Archery that is fast,,really fast!

Matt purchased McPherson

If they put the McPherson name on an apex style riser with non-parallel limbs and a spiral-type hybrid I'd be trying one out!

· Maaaaaahh......THWACK!
2,863 Posts
jeolous thier still on top?

No not jeolous. The only time I hear that mathews is number 1 is only bÝ mathews homers when responding to anyone not praising mathews. I don't care one way or another, never seen any numbers that indicate they have actually sold more bows than any other company. Don't even dispute that the bows aren't quality bows. However if you are honest with yourself they have not done anything different in ten years. I just like pointing it out. I used to nev er say anything at all but I've had it with the attitude that if its not mathews you can't even call it a bow.

· Registered
1,491 Posts
Mathews decided that instead of spending the $250,000 on travel, logding, a booth rental, staff and etc. that they would instead promote the growth of our sport by donating that amount to the archery in the schools program.

So, either you are terribly un-informed and just mouthing off, or have no respect or desire to keep archery alive and growing.

By the way, I don't shoot a Mathew's but I still respect the company that does more for archery's growth than any other 2 companies combined!

· Registered
1,105 Posts
No not jeolous. The only time I hear that mathews is number 1 is only bÝ mathews homers when responding to anyone not praising mathews. I don't care one way or another, never seen any numbers that indicate they have actually sold more bows than any other company. Don't even dispute that the bows aren't quality bows. However if you are honest with yourself they have not done anything different in ten years. I just like pointing it out. I used to nev er say anything at all but I've had it with the attitude that if its not mathews you can't even call it a bow.
Are you kidding me? Mathews guys arnt the only ones who think like that. I take it you havent talked to many people who shoot hoyt.

· Maaaaaahh......THWACK!
2,863 Posts
donated!?

Hmmmm, let's see mathews starts the nasp, creates the genesis bow for it. Then when a school adopts the program that is the bow they must buy. Don't hand me that donating crap. The one thing mathews does better than anyone else is market, and that is marketing spin. If you think that is nothing more than a money making deal for mathews your fooling your self. There are bows out ther that would be much better suited to teaching archery. Give me a break!

· Maaaaaahh......THWACK!
2,863 Posts
i have to let you guys in on something......

I really don't care, or feel like my posts on this thread would indicate. I have to admit that I was simplÿ fanning the flames. I used to really enjoy at, but more and more it is a good place to have an arguement. It really doesn't matter what you post, its going to be met with post that basically call you an idiot and tell you haw wrong you are. I've become a little synical about and have found myself being an istigator, that's not me and you won't see me do it again. I just get very fustrated with at now. I get tired of the guys waiting for a chance to throw a bomb.

· Registered
6,289 Posts
Lets bash Mathews some more. You know, you have a company that comes out with the X-Force, in the years following that release, they come up with the X-Force look alikes. Bowtech came out with the Guardian and Commander, and they still use the Center Pivot Design, so I don't get it; each company just improves on that design each year, and for some reason Mathews gets bashed?

Lets talk about the truth when it comes to the ATA. It costs a lot of money to attend the ATA show as a vendor, instead of going, Mathews donates that money to NASP, to help the sport grow.

Mathews releases their bows in November now, around the timeframe of the 15th. Look for them then!

· Registered
1,491 Posts
Hmmmm, let's see mathews starts the nasp, creates the genesis bow for it. Then when a school adopts the program that is the bow they must buy. Don't hand me that donating crap. The one thing mathews does better than anyone else is market, and that is marketing spin. If you think that is nothing more than a money making deal for mathews your fooling your self. There are bows out ther that would be much better suited to teaching archery. Give me a break!
One word of advise, when you are in a hole (of not knowing your facts) you just as well stop digging as you are going no where fast.

As far as anyone throwing a bomb at you, I believe YOU lit the fuse and tossed the bomb-but are now looking for sympathy because it landed back in your lap.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.