Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
It was almost like having to win the tournament twice for him at that point.

How do you figure that....Morgan and Reo both thought his disputed arrow was a 9 and 2 out of 3 judges called it a 9 too. Morgan KNEW he had not won it in that end. These guys are world class competitors, not some Joe from no-where USA.The system worked correctly and the Champion was eventually crowned after the shootoff resumed.

Nice job by ALL shooters, nice job AT, nice job WAF!! Now, if we could get some video of the other shootoffs...........

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
The thing that makes me wonder a bit is that both judges who scored Morgans arrow a 9, did so after the first judge scored it a 10 and thus knew that Morgan would win if one of them scored it 10.

Magnus
So, there were 5 people that judged the call on this arrow...Reo, Morgan, and 3 official scorers. Of the 5, 4 judged it to be a 9 and 1 judged it to be a 10. You believe 1 of the 2 judges were not impartial? I believe I've also read on here that, though unofficial, Diane Watson also felt the correct call was made in the end.

Why can't this just be dropped and Reo recieve all the accolades he deserves? It serves no purpose for archers to keep bringing this up.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
It doesn´t prove a thing, In my book they are equal archers all of them. I mean many of the guys in the shoot-0ff have won the tournament in the past. Would you say that they aren´t as good archers as Reo or Morgan? I wouldn´t.

I can say however that being able to refocus in a split second after being wrongfully announced as the winner is a feat that I doubt that Reo or anyone else would have been able to cope with had they been the one wrongfully annonunced.

Archery is a mindgame and I would equal what happened to a psych-out. Now I´m not pointing fingers at Reo or anyone else, the call was made. I do feel however that the call should have come before the anouncer made it "official"

I do however consider the shoot-off of Vegas 09 to be the greatest display of mental thoughness ever displayed by both Reo and Morgan

My 0,02$

Magnus
Here, here! Well said. I have no problem in wondering what went thru the mind of Morgan with the up n down of the arrow call, I just don't think it's right to imply the win was fixed. I too believe there should have been no public announcement of the arrow score until it was officially resolved. I went to bed thinking Morgan had won, then woke up to find out it was Reo who won.....all because of the way it was announced. THAT I agree needs to be fixed.

Maybe, the 2 extra judges that call the arrow need to make their call in secret to the tournament director, or write their score down then everyone reveals at once, so as not to put any undo pressure on the last person to call the arrow in a tie breaker situation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.