Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Can't help wondering if Lundin came away thinking he got robbed after the challenge. :suspiciou
I know, if I was announced the winner of a tournament in a foreign country and it got reversed, I would be suspicious unless the target showed it was no doubt.
Sure would like to see that particular target!
I doubt it, also I missed the part were he was "announced" the winner. His initial score was annouced, and per the rules, a second and third judge was needed to call one of his arrows. His "official" score was then announced and Reo won. Period.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Because inquiring minds want to know! :)
Why do you care if some of us have questions on Morgan's mindset ?
I find it interesting and wonder if it caused him to lose focus.
Well if it did(cause him to lose focus) that just proves even more who the better shooter was...

·
Registered
306 Posts
It doesn´t prove a thing, In my book they are equal archers all of them. I mean many of the guys in the shoot-0ff have won the tournament in the past. Would you say that they aren´t as good archers as Reo or Morgan? I wouldn´t.

I can say however that being able to refocus in a split second after being wrongfully announced as the winner is a feat that I doubt that Reo or anyone else would have been able to cope with had they been the one wrongfully annonunced.

Archery is a mindgame and I would equal what happened to a psych-out. Now I´m not pointing fingers at Reo or anyone else, the call was made. I do feel however that the call should have come before the anouncer made it "official"

I do however consider the shoot-off of Vegas 09 to be the greatest display of mental thoughness ever displayed by both Reo and Morgan

My 0,02$

Magnus
They were not ALL equal that day were they? Nobody was wrongfully announced anything. Did you watch the shootoff? I wasn't there but I did watch the video. That's how it goes down. Scores are "initially" called out. They are not "official" until both archers and ALL judges agree on the calls. Reo had EVERY RIGHT to challenge the call and have a second judge look at the arrow. You guys need to get over it and move on. You guys sound like fans of a losing team of the Super Bowl after a call didn't go your way:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.