Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
539 Posts
How do you figure that....Morgan and Reo both thought his disputed arrow was a 9 and 2 out of 3 judges called it a 9 too. Morgan KNEW he had not won it in that end.
The thing that makes me wonder a bit is that both judges who scored Morgans arrow a 9, did so after the first judge scored it a 10 and thus knew that Morgan would win if one of them scored it 10.

I really can´t give testimony as to Morgans mind-set when the scoring took place, but I´ll ask him next time I see him.

Magnus

· Registered
539 Posts
Well if it did(cause him to lose focus) that just proves even more who the better shooter was...

It doesn´t prove a thing, In my book they are equal archers all of them. I mean many of the guys in the shoot-0ff have won the tournament in the past. Would you say that they aren´t as good archers as Reo or Morgan? I wouldn´t.

I can say however that being able to refocus in a split second after being wrongfully announced as the winner is a feat that I doubt that Reo or anyone else would have been able to cope with had they been the one wrongfully annonunced.

Archery is a mindgame and I would equal what happened to a psych-out. Now I´m not pointing fingers at Reo or anyone else, the call was made. I do feel however that the call should have come before the anouncer made it "official"

I do however consider the shoot-off of Vegas 09 to be the greatest display of mental thoughness ever displayed by both Reo and Morgan

My 0,02$

Magnus

· Registered
539 Posts
It was a great shoot off... and I was very glad to be able to see it in person. Great Shooting by ALL!!!

I don't get the people saying that Morgan was announced the winner and then it was taken away from him. He was never announced the winner. (watch the video).

The 1st judge's scores were read... and then the other judges were brought in immediately to do the follow up calls. There was never a mention of anyone being the winner during that 11th end.

Being able to challenge a call is well within the rules, so what did you want them to do? Not read off the 1st judge's call?

I think they proceeded and handled the announcing and the challenge exactly right.

Congrats to Reo... amazing shooting.
JeffS

The reason I refered to Morgan being "announced as the winner" is because, when the initial call was made by the first judge and the announcer made it public, triggered a response from the crowd. Now in a normal person example me, the announcement and the first call by the judge would trigger an associatiative response i e your brain takes the input and puts two and two togheter automatic. (if your oponent is scored 29 and you 30, that would imply "I win" in your brain right?")

I am not implying that Morgan was "robbed" of his victory or foul play of any kind. I am just stating some of the things that i thought of while watching the shoot-off.

However as I stated earlier, it doesn´t make Reos or Morgans achievements any less incredible.

Magnus

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.