Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Vegas 2009 Indoor Championship WOW!

I happened to have been blessed enough to have attended and shot in the very first Las Vegas Open. And, then a few others.
Back then we shot at a black target with a white one inch center... blasting away with 5 arrows... OUCH! Ruined a lot of mid-nocks.
Old Recurves for everyone. Nope! The long stabilzers hadn't even shown up let alone any fandangled releases.. And, Roy Hoff was always looking for a story! Fred Trancuso and then some old friends by the name of Tony Marino and Marge were about to change that in a couple of years... and then in a few more years we would see those new pieces of machiney called compound bows.. WHEW!

Well, this 2009 Vegas open and your sharing it was great and I do appreciate being able to review it time and again and again! And!!! One of the most important things I noticed as an old coach was the very important fact that except for one single archer out of 18 of the great finalist....
not one was wearing glasses! NOT ONE!
hmm..now can't say the same for the officials... they even had 125 power manifying glasses from the local 99 cent store... what a shame to give away a championship based on a squinting from 4 to 5 different directions... should have borrowed someones scope... whew...what a way to leave a championship in dire need of supervision??

Back to the glasses situation.... Like many others, my having reviewed many (in person and by video and pictures showing in action, state, USA, WORLD championships i.e. Indoors, FITA's, 3-d, NFAA's, ect.. except for a pair of sunglasses or two... NOT a single person wining 1st Place, GOLD, or the MONEY was or is wearing glasses.
Yes! I know there has been IN THE PAST a few champions who at one time wore glasses.
But todays consistant World Champions do not...
and Las Vegas 2009 proves my point as a person and an old coach who has been around archery for well over a half a century ... I share this with the newbie and or the seasoned archer...
If you want to be a CHAMPION ...
before you put out well over $25,000.00 just need to come up with the necessary equipment, machinery and supplies to set yourself up to become staked with the needs and knowings of an archer... YOU MUST FIRST BE PHYSICALLY FIT! and (month after month year after year) you must stay that way at ALL TIMES... Even when you are not shooting...

Constant worth of one's self must be protected.
Ye
Ol' Bow Bender

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank You...

I wanted to say Thank You for posting the video; it was great.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Great Video!

I can see where some may think that Lundin may have been robbed but he was a great sport about the whole thing in the fact that he knows the rules and agreed with the judges decisions. Thought it was a great video. Would have loved to have been there to see it all happen. Great Job Reo!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks!

I just can’t resist to be amaze with a writer who are truly exceptional for they articles that are really interesting to a blogger like me. I will not spend time reading an article when the topic is not important or has no the significant. You did a good job for always providing relevant and meaningful article.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
For those who asked what range they are shooting from...

It is 20 yds.

Some good shooting by all, not easy standing on line with others and keeping ones focus. Being a lefty, I found it tougher to stay focused when shooting, unless they placed me at the end facing the wall.:wink:

Silenthntr.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.