Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a successful spring so far for my wife and I chasing spring gobblers with a bow. We have hunted Nebraska and Wisconsin and harvested 5 birds to date with two weeks remaining here in Wisconsin. Chris has shot Merriam's in both states of SD and NE but this was her first Eastern just last Saturday in "less than ideal" conditions. Snow, rain, wind didn't slow the birds down. We had great gobbling and decoy action during WI's 4th season. Both of our WI birds were shot only a few days apart from the same blind and decoy set up. Early season in Nebraska is always a treat with large flocks of birds that are vocal and decoy very well. The new DSD flock has worked to perfection on all of these birds. At times we were running up to 6 of the DSD's. The new Grim Reaper Razorcut SS has been flawless for both of us. I am shooting the new 2" version and Chris is shooting the 1 3/8". Chris shoots a Z7 at 42# and the 1 3/8" had GREAT penetration, broken bones, plus the bird from last Saturday only went 30 yards following the shot. All of our birds have dropped within sight. Very impressive.

Enjoy the photos. They are great memories for 2010.

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts
Congrats on the great season!! Good luck and continued success!!

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Wow, great pix, great bows and a great Gal !!! ;) :shade:

Looks like you have plenty to be thankful for this year! :D

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Awesome pics! Congrats to you guys.

Ps- Just noticed your from Onalaska! HAve a friend down the hall from Onalaska. Pretty small town from what I hear!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Congratulations once again Steve....just another typical spring for you and Chris! :thumbs_up

·
Beer Whisperer
11,212 Posts
Great pics!

It's been a BAD year for the birds.

·
Registered
23,633 Posts
Awesome Steve! You are THE turkey Terminator!

Chris looks about 16!

I heard a rumor you might have you own websight - any thruth to that?

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
great pics n awesome work

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Congrats to the both of you on a great and memorable season!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts