Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I'm in the right place...

I'm looking to plan a trip for the first week of November, 2010. The best I can do is look around online at pictures and rates, but I'd really like to get some opinions on where I should go from folks who have hunted there. I'm thinking Illinois, Iowa, or Kansas. I lived in SE Kansas for a short while BEFORE I was interested in hunting, so I know the area, but don't know if it's any good in Crawford County. I'm guessing I'd have to go through an outfitter, but I'd like to stay under $2000 a head for four or five guys but this is negotiable. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd do Missouri as well. I'm just looking for something different. Only one of our party has ever hunted outside of PA, and I'm not him. I'd love to get into some of that action once in my life, especially before my four boys start taking away some of my stand time.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I hope I'm in the right place...

I'm looking to plan a trip for the first week of November, 2010. The best I can do is look around online at pictures and rates, but I'd really like to get some opinions on where I should go from folks who have hunted there. I'm thinking Illinois, Iowa, or Kansas. I lived in SE Kansas for a short while BEFORE I was interested in hunting, so I know the area, but don't know if it's any good in Crawford County. I'm guessing I'd have to go through an outfitter, but I'd like to stay under $2000 a head for four or five guys but this is negotiable. Any thoughts?
Do you already have a tag? There is at least one (if not a few) of these states where you can't get a tag anymore. If you don't have a tag or preference points in Iowa, you could be 4 years away from being able to bowhunt there. Illinois possibly still has left-over licenses.

Not having a tag at this point will definitely reduce your options (making this search easier).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys. The deer are very nice there at R&B! I didn't know that about tags. Good stuff. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts