Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Advantage for a few days. The bow is incredible! Being a 37" bow you would think it was a tank, but it is really light..even set up! The R2B2 cam is even better on the Advantage. I guess the longer A2A makes them even smoother. The bow is as steady as a rock at full draw and very accurate! The new grip is nice. It gives no input on your hand...no torque and thin.

The bow is FAST! I did not chrono it, but I would put it right up there with my Z34. There is no shock on the shot and it is quiet. I had people at the range come over to look because it was so fast and quiet. Everyone that shot it wanted one.
I had 5 shots on the bow when I set the peep with NO rotation. The Stage 1 strings are wonderful!!!!

If I had to compare this bow to one I have owned I'd say it is close to a Bowtech Commander but holds better and is noticeably faster! Might even be lighter.

I got a lot of comments on the strings. They are pretty bright and light up the room!! People also liked the smooth draw and speed of the bow. Everyone liked the grip and commented on how steady the bow holds.

One of the ONLY complaints was the "spec" sticker on the lower limb. It's BRIGHT white. That is a simple fix.

I have my bow set up with a Limbdriver drop away. Stealth 10" camo Hunter stab. Bowjax Megajax. With a Tru Glo Bone Collector sight. I am shooting Victory Vforce 350's.

Pearson has a true winner here. Knocked it out of the park!

30 yard groups! Remember my 18-1 rotates a little every time I hit it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
good looking bow mono! the strings are not to shabby either!!:wink:

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Stage 1 crew knows how to build a string!! Nice compliment to an AWESOME bow!

·
Shootingairborne
10,575 Posts
Cool rig. Give us a close up of those strings.....:darkbeer:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice looking bow. What's the IBO and weight? The Advantage is on my short list along with the Exceed, Shadowcat, and Inspire.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Good lookin rig. Sweet strings too.

I gotta ask about the 18-1. I have been thinking about getting one. It looks like you have put ALOT of arrows into yours and it is still stopping them pretty good.

Should I pull the trigger on getting one?

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Pearson has a sharp bow there and there and I like alot of what I see.... but please don't tell me those are fixed limb pockets... It looks like they are... If so, thats a step backwards....

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will weigh it when I get home from work...I have to pick up some batteries for my scale. :embara:

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Nice bow, MONO!

The Advantage is one that I am considering. Sounds good. Personally not into the bright/bright strings but they look very well made. I'm pretty sure they are fixed pockets, but after having some noise issues with an older Pearson with the pivoting ones, I would not be put off by them, at least if you are going to do the vast majority of shooting with the weight close to maxed out. Good pivoting pockets are nice though.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have shot a lot of bows in my 30 years on this earth. Mostly bowtechs in the last several years and I will say that the advantage will stand up to any of them I shot. It reminds me a lot of my 82nd and 101 I used to shoot...but with less hand shock and quieter.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
1 more thing the grip is awesome...

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is rapidly becoming my top bow of all time! I can't seem to ,miss with this bow! It is almost like it was made to shoot FOB's!

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope it is nice enough today that I can get some LONG range shots with this bow.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
That´s a nice looking bow,I really like the riser finish.
I had a Z-34 in 08 and the limb butts were sanded very uneven to fit the limb pockets.It was so bad that I thought it was somekind of an accident.Now looking at this pic it looks again that they are sanded angular/diagonal to make em fit ??

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just looked at mine and they look PERFECT. They are clean and symmetrical. I will get a better pic later. My Z34 and Stealth are clean looking also.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts