Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... I have posted a couple of threads on here about my bow selection process because I am in the market for a new bow this year. I thought I had this all figured out because I was so impressed with the 2010 XForce Dream Season... that was until I shot it side by side with the Omen. Now I have another dilemma! I really honestly couldn't much tell them apart! Originally I was scared of the 5 1/2 brace... but after shooting it, I didn't mind it at all!

So here is the question: People who have shot both them both... what do you think? Am I going to miss the inch of brace if I choose the Omen over the Dream Season? Is the extra 10 feet per second worth it? Common sense tells me that when I start moving out to 40, 50, 60 yards that I will want to be shooting the Dream Season. However, plenty of you post how well the Omen shoots at distances... I'd like some advice from people who own the Omen and those who have shot both.

Thanks!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should also mention... I intend to mostly hunt with this bow. About 50% of my time is spent stalking (which is where I have had most of my success) and 50% in my Lone Wolf.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have shot both fell by side and fell slap in love with the Omen. The speed advantage to me, even though it may be a measly 10-15 fps, weighs out the 1/2 in. loss in brace height. However, I spend all of my time in the stand. With that being said, you may find the Dream Season to be more effective for your style of hunting. The Omen, IMO, tends to creep a little at full draw, and if you stalk hunt alot, I know you will be following targets more than waiting on a good point to draw and shoot. Go with what shoots best for you. The Omen is the single best bow I shot in a long line of searching for what I wanted.

I hope this helps. Good hunting.

Alex

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
brace

The dream season in a inch 6.5 brace where the omen is 5.5. I chose the dream season.There is other factor in hunting more importain than speed I have used 6 inch brace hight bows with out any trouble back when I was tring to get more speed, but now the speed is great with 6.5 or 7.0 brace.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I do a lot of spotting and stalking and I shose the Omen for this type of hunting. I use an Axe 6 for blind, treestand, and the occasional spot and stalk. I too didn't notice a whole lot of difference between the Dream Season and the Omen but I opted for the Omen because of it having a bit more speed. In spotting and stalking I will take all the speed that I can get efficently and the Omen is one efficient bow in my opinion. Confidence is very high with this bow! PSE has hit a home run...out of the park with its 2010 line up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts