Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a new 2010 Alien X with black riser and camo limbs. 4-6 weeks is the "estimated" time for delivery. Never got to actualy shoot one, due to no dealers have them anywhere within a few hundred miles of me, but I shot the others I was considering (GT500 and Darton 3500) and talked to some that shot both also and made my choice. Plus, even though I'm Welsh and not Italian......thought it might be cool to be a member of the Mafia. :zip:

Pics forthcoming upon delivery.....

Gary

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ax

Congrats and welcome to the Mafia!!!!
And support the Hard Case cause........

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
welcome and congrates.

make sure its tuned up and the cams are in sync and that puppy will amaze you

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gents. Actually, I'll be setting up this bow myself....although if I don't feel comfortable I have access to a GREAT bow tuner...just doesn't carry Rytera bows. Any "secrets" or lessons learned from you self-tuners would be appreciated.

Gary

·
Registered
672 Posts
Tons and tons of Brain Food in the MAFIA. And if you cant find it just ask JRH60 or JWT and you shall have it.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Alien seduction.....hehehehe

I have turned to the alien side my self, I have left Hoyt and started a new relationship with the folks at Martin. YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE....hehehe. I have three bows on order and will give my opinion on all of them when I get them, The Alien Z, the Shadow Cat and the mighty Nemesis, are all speeding there way to my door . I have shot the Alien X and was very surprised at the shoot ability the stealth and shock free shot. it also is very quick, I think it was over looked by myself and others simply because of my brand preference. I was a Hoyt guy and the Alien X was not made by Hoyt so I poo pooed the Idea of owning it, even though I down deep thought it was an excellent bow. I think your choice in bows was a fine one, and you will be astounded at how beautifully it performs.:wink:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Joined the Mafia....THANKS. Now I need to get one of those Alien avatars.......maybe I'll go see if I can get a pic of the ones that made the crop circles......:eek:

Gary

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
I think you are going to like the Alien X. The more I shoot mine the more I like it. And welcom to the MAFIA. Lots of info there.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
welcome to the "lite" side, it's great to stand outside the dark... nothin wrong with a welsh mafia,, they even let us southern boys in!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I ordered my Alien without even seeing one, this is the first time i have ever bought a bow without shooting it first. Got it setup tonight and fired a few arrows. This bow is everything I hoped it would be. All I need now is some tuning tips and I will be set. This is my first Martin/Rytera And I dont know anything about them.

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
Well I did it as well, I traded my TurboHawk in for an AlienX my dealer gave me an offer I could not refuse. I want to be added to the Mafia as well please.

I was at dealer yesterday and saw an 09 AlienX on rack and asked to shoot it again. This thing was deadly quiet and shock free. I asked why the one I shot months ago wasn't. It had a wicked vibration to it. My dealer found a problem with the bow and sent it back to Rytera. I was a little dissapointed in myself that I didn't take the time 4 months ago to attempt to shoot a different AlienX.

It is lighter and faster then my Turbohawk and dare I saw it, shoots smoother too. The Turbohawk is a great bow for the$$ but the AlienX IMHO is a step above it.

I ordered a Monster 7 as well. When I can get a chance to shoot the Nemesis I will as well. I hope I don't like it, it is getting expensive now.:wink:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I just bought a used one on here, same story no dealers close. Im basing my decision on what I have read about them. Cant wait to get it. I sold a mathews outback to purchase my alien.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts