Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 & 2012 USAA JOAD Nationals Championship bid documents
2011 (West region) and 2012 (South region) USAA JOAD National Outdoor Championship, tournament bid information.
http://usarchery.org/news/2010/04/30/bid-applications-being-sought-for-2011-and-2012-joad-national-outdoor-championships/35687

Bring hundreds of youth archers and their families to your community and help conduct an event worthy of world championship and Olympic caliber youth archers.
Ideally potential 2011 and 2012 hosts would observe and perhaps take part in the 2010 Easton JOAD National Championship in Des Moines Iowa.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
What are the chances it will be at Ben Avery next year? Is it too hot for it to come to AZ?

Maybe we could do it in Ogden, where they are going to have the World Cup! That would be pretty cool.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are the chances it will be at Ben Avery next year? Is it too hot for it to come to AZ?

Maybe we could do it in Ogden, where they are going to have the World Cup! That would be pretty cool.
BASF has hosted world ranking, USAT qualifiers and a Olympic Trials. I think it would be nice to have other places host major events. In AZ, Flagstaff and the Campus of Northern AZ University would be a great summer location. In the West Region, I think Denver was great and I would love to see something in Washington State, Oregon or No. Cal in the summer.
In So Cal, San Diego and the Long Beach area of CA are great places for families.

People that are willing to host a quality event for the JOAD comminity are the key.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2011 (West region) and 2012 (South region) USAA JOAD National Outdoor Championship, tournament bid information.
http://usarchery.org/news/2010/04/30/bid-applications-being-sought-for-2011-and-2012-joad-national-outdoor-championships/35687

Bring hundreds of youth archers and their families to your community and help conduct an event worthy of world championship and Olympic caliber youth archers.
Ideally potential 2011 and 2012 hosts would observe and perhaps take part in the 2010 Easton JOAD National Championship in Des Moines Iowa.
Anyone on the west looking at 2011?
Anyone in the south looking at 2012?

·
Registered
21 Posts

What are the dates for this in Des moines and where? I grew up there and it would make for a good reason to go back from Ohio our club may be interested in hosting a shoot in sw Ohio near Miami of Ohio(Oxford, Oh) and Hueston Woods State Park

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are the dates for this in Des moines and where? I grew up there and it would make for a good reason to go back from Ohio our club may be interested in hosting a shoot in sw Ohio near Miami of Ohio(Oxford, Oh) and Hueston Woods State Park
Here is the 2010 Easton JOAD Natoinal Championship webpages.
http://usarchery.org/events/2637
I dont want to miss lead you, I am hopeful that the west will get a good bid and then the south and so forth. The north is scheduled to have JOAD championship agian in 2014, two years after London. But it is never to early to prepare. It also helps to let the USAA know of any insterest to host an event since there are many events including USAT placement events.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the 2010 Easton JOAD Natoinal Championship webpages.
http://usarchery.org/events/2637
I dont want to miss lead you, I am hopeful that the west will get a good bid and then the south and so forth. The north is scheduled to have JOAD championship agian in 2014, two years after London. But it is never to early to prepare. It also helps to let the USAA know of any insterest to host an event since there are many events including USAT placement events.
Sam Clemons, Is this the information you were interested in? What is your clubs name? There are many events to host including USAT qualifier and trials tournaments and a host of state and regional level events. There are field, indoors and outdoors. They are all fun and rewarding to host.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

About a month before 2011 bids are due. Any western region groups working on a proposal?

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would love to see, Denver, Salt Lake City, San Diego, Long Beach, Bay Area and Seattle as potential locations for 2011. There are so many nice places to be in the summer in the west that have mild temperatures, major airports, lots of hotels and rental cars and folks capable hosting a quality target archery event.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts