Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, sorry for the delay on this one! Just thought Id throw some pics from opening week up, when I connected on this fine freezer blacktail buck! Nice to have him already in the freezer, takes the pressure off a bit and now I can be picky! Managed to pull off a 20yard shot, with the new Limbsaver DZ-32, Darkhorse Studs, Px2 Ribrunner broadhead - buck went down in 20yards, watched him drop! More pics on Darkhorse Facebook page

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Btension! Deer season opened August 25th here on Vancouver Island - got that buck on the morning of the 27th! Have a great hunting season, hope you have some moose pictures to share after your trip!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heres some more pics of the damage the PX2 Ribrunner broadhead did! Not that I needed the blood trail, since I saw him go down but if I did I can tell you it was awesome! The gaping hole the 1 1/4" cut this broadhead created drained this buck in a hurry! Passed through ribs and the offside sholder!

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Slugman

That's letting the air out of him!!! Nice clean kill. Perfect!

I will post some pictures here upon our return!!

Cheers Mark

·
Registered
428 Posts
Awesome shooting Cam!! I still have 23 more sleeps until opening day but this makes it even harder to wait!!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
awsome use of some Darkhorse arrows eh?
Congrats
Basil

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks vtfcandy - have enjoyed your posts awesome blacktail posts in the western hunting section. I know there are some big ol bucks round these parts, heres hoping I get a line on one!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hang in there Jason, it will be opening day for you before you know it! Yes Basil it is a fine way to use a Darkhorse arrow - nice to see one coated from tip to nock in that lovely red color!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Opened for archery on September 1st in NW Ontario for Deer. Cam Ben has the Stud 500's set for hunting. Will forward a photo soon. Can't wait!
Shane

1 - 13 of 13 Posts