Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally took the leap and purchased my first hoyt. 2011 carbon element bow is 60-70 lbs with 30" mods. I usually shoot 60 lbs and I am 28" draw . I have ordered new mods to get to 28" and figured I could just back it down a little and shoots 62-65 lbs no big deal . My question is to me there seems to be some sort of binding or something not right with the setup . When I go to draw the bow back it seems to be in a bind ? Even with the 30" mods on the bow it gets to a certain spot in the draw cycle and seems to lock up before the draw stop hits ? Does anyone have a pic of there setup with the cables, strings etc routed the correct way so I can compare ? I'm going to swing by the pro shop and have it checked but with the holidays it could take me a few days before I get down there. Any help would be appreciated . Hopefully I made a good choice in the purchase of my first hoyt and this doesn't turn into a big issue . Bow has the #3 fuel cams on it now.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
dont know,,, but it may be that the bottom draw stop peg is not in the correct spot. Draw the bow looking at that peg and if it hits before the top cable stop that is the problem, Bow out of time.

Best thing for that bow is to find a set of RKT#2 cams and put those on it. Will need new strings. It will essentially make your 2011 a 2012 bow.

Just GOOGLE some pics of a 2011 carbon element, or get on Hoyts site and look up the bows that way.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have checked the bottom stop . It's in the corresponding hole for the 30" module that is installed currently . The thing is you can't actually draw it thru completely it's like it locks up before the top cable stop or bottom stop is even close ? Thanks for the info

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Hmm Ya then definately take that bow to a PRO SHOP that services hoyts. Maybe the bearing on the bottom cam went bad or something. Sumthin AINT RIGHT with that bow. DONT SHOOT IT till you get it fixed.
Only other thing might be that the wrong draw mod is on that bottom cam.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will post up the problem and the solution when i get it to the shop and see what the deal is

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem solved . Installed the 28 mods I needed for my draw length and everything is OK ? Going to shoot.it a little tomorrow and see what I have on my hands ?

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess having the 30" mods was just to long of a draw for me to get it pass the hump ? I wasnt sure so i didnt want to just yank on it ??? Installed my correct draw length mods 28" and smooth as all get out .

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I just got my 2011 CE in the mail yesterday. Amazing bow! With my 25" DL, I had a heck of a time finding a nice bow that would fit without having to jump through a ton of hoops. I got lucky and found this in the women/children section of the AT classifieds. I took it out last night and sighted it in. Incredible. Now I understand why people spend top dollar on these high-end bows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts