Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a 2011 Maitland Retribution with the vtx cams. The bow comes with a copper john site and rest. I was just wondering if someone could give me a little review of this bow and let me know if it is worth 500$!!! Thanks and i appreciate any feed back!!Dan!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I would look for recent sales in the classified's to see what they have and are selling for, as far as the bow goes I couldn't say personally, but have heard good thing though. I have a K-6 and love it!

·
Registered
348 Posts
The VTX cams are super smooth, but by no means fast. I picked up a 2010 for my son a while back.

Here is a link to the thread:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1775748

Once I got the bow all set-up and tuned it is right on IBO with the BackCountry calculator. The long riser holds on target like you wouldn't believe. He has put down a couple of deer and loves the bow.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I'm thinking about buying a 2011 Maitland Retribution with the vtx cams. The bow comes with a copper john site and rest. I was just wondering if someone could give me a little review of this bow and let me know if it is worth 500$!!! Thanks and i appreciate any feed back!!Dan!!
The Retribution is a great bow. The VTX cams are ok, not great but ok. I have a Retri. with VTX cams and took two animals last year with it. They are slow by comparison to the VTR The VTX IBO is 318. They have a bit of vertical nock travel.

on the good side,they are butter smooth to draw and easy to set up.

$500 is a bit on the high side. I picked up my bare bow,used, for $280

1 - 4 of 4 Posts