Archery Talk Forum banner

2011 Mathews Monster???

1257 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  wadamski
I have said before that I am a big fan of the original Mathews Monster and that is still the case. I like its looks alot but of course more importantly I find it as shootable as any of my previous so called forgiving bows. I have been eyeing the new versions and something just didn't look the same but I couldn't quite put my finger on it and it isn't the obvious changes that I am referring to. It looks to me as if the limb angle at the riser has changed making them more parallel resulting in a different less preloaded limb. It also likely accounts for the slightly shorter ata length of these bows. I am not a fan of the looks of the grid riser but it wouldn't stop me from shooting one. I do believe that the looks of the original to be hard to beat and won't be giving mine up as I don't think I could ever get rid of a bow that has shot so well for me and is so efficient and fast to boot. I will keep my Monster forever and have no desire to buy the new model although if a deal came along I would get one. Just a minor observation I wanted to point out.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,191 Posts
Finally got a chance to pIck up an MR7 the other day. Didn't have my M6 on hand to do any tyPe of up close comparison but everything looked same overall except riser. I'm with you about M6 being such a great shooter. Going to pick up a couple more as they come available. I'll do a clone to current one for a backup for 3d/hunting(one blacked out,other redipped Predator fall grey riser), a 60 lb 6.7 65% one for NFAA field work( easier on body all day) and do one 6.7 80lb with 500+ grain arrows for big game.

· Registered
109 Posts
Finally got a chance to pIck up an MR7 the other day. Didn't have my M6 on hand to do any tyPe of up close comparison but everything looked same overall except riser. I'm with you about M6 being such a great shooter. Going to pick up a couple more as they come available. I'll do a clone to current one for a backup for 3d/hunting(one blacked out,other redipped Predator fall grey riser), a 60 lb 6.7 65% one for NFAA field work( easier on body all day) and do one 6.7 80lb with 500+ grain arrows for big game.
And where was this that you picke d up a MR7????....... were you in Sparta and seen a demo at the plant??..... Just wondering as the MR7 production has not even began yet!

· Registered
1,101 Posts
And where was this that you picke d up a MR7????....... were you in Sparta and seen a demo at the plant??..... Just wondering as the MR7 production has not even began yet!
Yep, talked to a tech last week, they haven't started production and he had no idea when it would happen. I've been waiting 2 months for my 2011 MR7 so far.

· Widewater Hunt Club
9,411 Posts
I have a M6and it's great, but the only way I would be interested in the new MR series or future monster dual cam bows is if they put draw stops and sideplates on them. JMO

· Registered
90 Posts
I was at a pro shop this morning and I thought the guy said i was shooting a 2011 Mathews MR. It was shooting in the 340's. Are they out there yet? Not to familiar with mathews, have been a hoyt shooter.

I don't know if it was a 5,6, or 7. It was 6 in brace height, I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.