Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

I bought a Stinger 3g compound bow the other day. It's my first compound bow, so I don't have much to compare it too, but I am seriously impressed with it. I bought it set at 70#'s and it really moves an arrow. Nice and quiet with very little vibration and the accuracy is the most impressive thing of all. My groupings are much tighter compared to shooting my recurve.

I do want to note that I did not buy the bow with the generic accessories kit it comes with standard. I bought it from a bow shop and they set it up with better quality components. Nothing too grand, just a step up from the basics... 5 pin lighted sight, whisker biscuit rest were the upgrades I wanted and got. I was out the door for a little over $400.00 (the price has gone up $20.00 since I bought it) for everything minus arrows which I have plenty of. I also already had a case for it. Plenty expensive in my book, but cheap compared to some of the high end bows out there.

I find this to be a fantastic bow. Though I haven't busted any nocks with it yet, my groupings are tight enough that my fletchings are taking a real beating. I would gladly recommend this bow to anyone, and thought others may wish to hear my positive experience with it. Like I said, I don't have a lot of experience with compounds, but I cannot imagine needing/wanting a better bow... at any price. I'm pretty sure that any issues are mine and not the bows.

BTW, I am not affiliated with anyone in the archery business, just a happy camper.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
527 Posts
I am also looking at the Stinger 3G as well as the Brute X, and I was wondering if you shot the Brute X as well before choosing the Stinger 3g, because I am wondering if the Brute X would really be worth the extra $100.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks for the review. My Stinger 3G should be here on friday and it will be my first compound bow too. Looking very forward to shooting it. also upgraded my accessories. Got the package deal thru huntersfriend, however I went with the Freak package with the Stinger 3G swapped in for the freak. Apex Axium sight, stayed with the Trophy Ridge Revolution rest, however got them to upgrade it to the Micro Adjust TR Revolution, 1dz Beman Speed arrows, TF Hurricane release, etc., etc. in Skullworks camo; setup and tuned for $570. Like I said can't wait to start flinging arrows with it!

Regarding the Brute X question - I tried it(but what do I know I'm a rookie to this archery thing!) it shot real nice for me, but what I've read and heard for the money the Brute X maybe the best bow on the market for its high end feel and a steal at $399 bare bow price. My issues were my size, my DL(30.5/31) and the ATA felt kind of short for me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I hear the stinger 3g in left handed go only 30" max. DL, not 30.5" like right handed.
It's true?

Thanks.

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,828 Posts
I have one in my shop,50-60lbs that I got off AT on trade and I am to say the least impressed. I have a customer that is buying so Im not keeping it for my self ,BUT I have set it up with an Impact slider sight,wisker biscuit rest and a Sims x-coil stab. with cat whisker string silencers and it is pretty much dead in the hand and really spits the 5575 GTs accurately and fast. Only thing I can say that isnt much count is the strings. I have a set fixing to go on it. This bow tuned very easily and shot bullet holes in paper with just centershot and nock level setup.Shot my Slick tricks out to 60yrds withit. It is deff. a great bow for sure and the Brute X has gotten rave reviews as well. Good choice of bow and well worth the 299.00 that shops get for them. Just wish PSE would put better strings on these lower end bows, and just charge another 45-50 bucks.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I bought one in February and I like it alot. it has a smooth draw and a solid wall thanks to the draw stop that comes with it. It shoots good and groups well.
Can't see buying a 5-6 hundred dollar bow when you can have all that you need in this bow.

100_0351.jpg

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Just sold one last week and I was impressed with it as well. didnt run it throught the chrono (still in storage from the move) but it shot amazing, the deer skulls camo is sweet, and the draw weight adjustment of 10 turns made this bow go from 69 lbs peak weight all the way down to 41 lbs!!!!! factor in the cams adjustability and I dont know why you wouldny buy this bow. I do need to shoot the Brute-X though. with the new grip on the stinger its definately the best value on the market save possibly the rally.

later
jkeiffer

·
Registered
15 Posts
i just got my PSE Stinger 3G last week and after 3 days of shooting it, a weird thing happend as i draw the string back the peep sight fell and the string locked in. it got snag at the in the rubber cushion stop. thats weird. and since there not offical PSE dealer in my country i had to send my bow to a mathews dealer. had to pay almost 1/4 the price of the bow just for the restringing and shipping back and forth. really sucks.too bad the PSE Stinger 3g was really a good bow i was shooting tight groups, till the malfunction.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am also looking at the Stinger 3G as well as the Brute X, and I was wondering if you shot the Brute X as well before choosing the Stinger 3g, because I am wondering if the Brute X would really be worth the extra $100.
I was in the same position as you last week. I'm a complete newbie. I shot both (in right handed, Im a lefty) side by side, and wound up ordering the Brute X. The extra $100 bought me a bow that I'm confident I won't 'outgrow' in a couple years. I tend to keep things a for years, and I wanted something that I'd be happy with in the long-term. The Brute X just seemed a little more substantial and advanced to me as a novice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts