Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I probably have 200 to 250 shots through my Creed now and my peep keeps turning on me and I have to twist it back straight. Any idea's? Should I take it back to the shop I bought it at and see if they can fix it or is this something easy I can do at home? Had a blast shooting today, got my pins sighted in at 20,30,40,50 and 60 yards. From 60 I shot 6 arrows and put 4 of them in about a 3 inch circle, the other 2 where outside that but not horrible. I would never shoot at an animal from that far but what I noticed is after shooting from all those distances, when I stepped back up to 20, my groups where tighter. Well, if anyone has any ideas on my peep twisting let me know.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'm no expert, but it sounds like your new string is just settling in and stretching which I've been told is normal. If you have a press you can fix this by swapping string strands in equal numbers per side or with adding or removing string twists. If you don't have a press, take it to the shop. They can fix this in a flash. Don't monkey with the string under tension though, you don't want to damage string strands.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mumbles, I was thinking it should have settled in by now but maybe I just need to shoot more to get the strings to settle in completely.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Lefty, seems that most strings are settled by now, may be the reason for the rotation. Try duckmasters suggestion for now. If that stays aligned when you rotate your D loop, then your string is settled. Then decide if you want the peep and loop aligned to the rear, or if it is fine for your needs with them in line with each other but not to the rear. Your release will take them to the rear as you draw.

·
Registered
40 Posts
truball makes a speed nock it is cnc machined aluminum that you screw right on the string they make it in single and double screw i have a single. i have had it for 2 years it keeps your peep turned properly all the time it works great i have never had it not line up and when i get my new chill i will put one on it.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Press. Twist string in opposite direction of twist enough to straighten and shoot. Should be good

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mathews has the best bow on the market and they choose to put substandard strings on them. Your string is stretching which causes your peep to rotate. Bet your Axel to Axel measurement is about an eighth to three sixteenth long. When ever you replase the string use a winners choose string. They never stretch.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Agree about the strings. I break a new factory set in then replace. Works good as a backup in case of emergency.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had the same problem and I've shot over 1000 arrows. Took it back to the shop he twisted the loop to line up with peep and retightened it. Now it is fine.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Mathews has the best bow on the market and they choose to put substandard strings on them. Your string is stretching which causes your peep to rotate. Bet your Axel to Axel measurement is about an eighth to three sixteenth long. When ever you replase the string use a winners choose string. They never stretch.
My sentiments exactly. Don't know why that is? Winners Choice and your golden.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you don't have a press so you can do it yourself, take it to the shop where you bought it and they'll add or remove a twist to fix it. The string on my Creed did stretch just a bit after about 200-300 shots. It changed the draw weight and the peep rotated a bit. As I remember the technician put just one additional twist in and all was well. I'm now near 2000 arrows down range and it hasn't changed again. Consider it a "break in" issue. Also be sure the peep serving is tight. Some peeps should even be cross-tied with serving string to really anchor them in place.

·
Registered
88 Posts
+1. The string is going to stretch for the first couple of hundred shots. Mine has more than 2000 on it now and if the peep doesn't line up perfectly, I just move the "D-loop" around so it pulls the peep into alignment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts