Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have I missed a thread on these? Haven't seen anyone talking about them. I didn't know they introduced an 85gr. Nice addition, guess to compete with the slick tricks. Cool looking black too :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Pinshooter
I have the 100 gr full blade heads. I got them a little late last year to hunt with but they grouped great the few times I shot them with my vent. They are the strongest looking and feeling head I've seen.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
There's was alot of talk about these during the ata show. They look very durable. Can anyone comment on how the swept back exodus head flies?

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess I should have worded it as I haven't heard anyone talk about the 2013 models and new 85gr. I've seen and shot the swept back blades.

geekster let me shoot his swept backs last year for a test, they shot well! I like the new black look and the 85gr option. It would make those BE arrows dead on the 385gr minimum for the SZ380. I have the slick tricks I'm trying out now. I think I'll get a pack of the full blades. I bolted one up at the shop last year and one thing I noticed different is the swept back blades somewhat hit hard on the insert, sort of grind up against it on a crossbow arrow but the full blades screw up without any resistance. I just don't know how the full blades shoot

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Shot 5 whitetails last season with the swept wings.....the sz 380 likes em jus fine.....

·
Eric
4,271 Posts
Have I missed a thread on these? Haven't seen anyone talking about them. I didn't know they introduced an 85gr. Nice addition, guess to compete with the slick tricks. Cool looking black too :)
Pin my brother shot a buck last year with the swept back 100 gr. and he said it was the best blood trail that he has ever had bar none and they shot right with his field points. I will be testing these out also this year right beside my Slick Tricks.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
A-bar
I built me some 22 inch laser 3 pros with Q nocks, AV2 vanes, 110 gr brass inserts. I think they were just under 439 gr with a 100 gr tip.

·
Registered
112 Posts
VS thanks I'm got the same arrow less the AV2 mine have Blazers. Did you spine match the GT3 pros.

Thanks to geekster also for his help.

Alan

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Yes A-bar
I go through all my arrows I build with a fine tooth comb.
I use firenocks wonderful equipment and procedures.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Im going to test some of the 100 gr "swept back" in my Tenpoint......I shoot 'Tricks" right now and they shoot great....

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm definitely going to get some but I'll wait for the stealth to get here and see what arrow I end up using. I won't know what grain head to get until then.

·
Registered
112 Posts
In Alberta we can not use the swept blade Exodus for hunting just the full blade. I wounder if QAD had sharpened the back edge of the blade on the swept maybe then it would not be considered barbed. But sounds like VS and geekster have the full blade shooting good so that is what I'll try. Just have to get my GT pro 3s tune up and deside on fletch's, or talk to Jerry about some more Spynal Tapps or Executioners.

Thanks All great thread.
Alan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts