Registered
2,794 Posts
:welcomesign:

Sorry I havn't shot it but I'm watching. Interested as well

·
Registered
164 Posts
charger

recently stopped by a local shop to see if they had any bowtech assassins in stock
and a Salesman showed me the new hoyt charger. aparently hoyt came out with this package after seeing all the success bowtech had with the assassin. it's right around the same price point ($680+-)
the salesman asked me if I wanted to shoot the charger. so I jumped at the chance
the bow is sweet. super smooth draw.. quiet..no recoil and pretty fast. if you're looking for a new bow and want something all set up it's definitely worth taking a look at

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I gave a review of it as have several others, all the threads were positive. You can search them. Great reads.
My opinion is that hoyt has boobooed! The charger is a great bow with an even better price point.
It is smooth, it shot a few fps over I BO. I currently shoot a matrix and e ..ment. I was fully prepared to buy another Element or spyder and didnt! I will be buying 2 new chargers for my girls and one for me to hunt with! I shot the three bows back .to back alongside 3 other econo bows from PSE and Mathews . The Ballistic and Brute X are not far behind the charger.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I shot one today in the shop. I have no compaints. Feels great, shoots great.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I shot the Assassin, Venture and Charger back to back for three days in a row. The Balistic and Brute didn't feel good to me so I didn't shoot them. Without question, the Charger was the best feeling bow to me. I have heard people say they will use the Charger cams for their custom bow, I have heard people say the Charger will hurt the sales of higher priced bows, and I completely agree. I made the tech prove to me that the draw waight was 60# cause it honestly felt more like 45# to me. I ordered one a week ago and found out today that it might be 6-7 weeks for delivery. Sounds like I'm not the only one who liked it! Can't wait to take it in the woods!

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Unbelievable for the price.

It is much better looking and far better cams than the Rampage/Rampage XT. All in all, I think it was a great move for Hoyt to get into the entry market with a quality bow.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Ton of vibration.
That bow must of not been tuned correctly..... I shot the charger, and put a review up on here. I in no way notice a "ton" of vibration. I noticed very minimal if any, but you will have that and some people like that.

I just looked at your profile mathewsrep, and can see why you said that now. Their is no need to damage a bows name just so that you can try to sell a few more of your bows. Moves like this make me wish I lived farther away from this factory each and every day.

·
Midwest is the Best!
5,168 Posts
I ordered one in al black the other day...said 2-3 weeks before it got here. I shot one in the shop & while it was too long for me it was very smooth & felt great at the shot.

It didnt have the back wall I am used to with my Elites & Invasion but, I figured I could get one & get used to it...Its strictly for hunting & really dont care about banging it off of stuff or scratching it etc. The finish on it was comparable to their main line bows IMO.

For the price, I honestly dont see how you could go wrong.

·
Banned
35,283 Posts
Thats crazy ton of vibration my blackout is great no vibration and silent draws so smooth and feels no where nere what your pulling I would not take a mission if you gave it to me dose not even compair to the charger picked on up and put it right back on the shelf crapy grip.

·
Ryan and John
1,255 Posts
The Charger is great for the price and is actually well put together. It doesn't have the slop some of the *******'* split limbs have where they enter the limb pockets causing a shift around when shooting but thats a different thread. Maybe a rep could let us know if they ever fixed that or just tell us that problem never existed.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Ok little fella.
You handle says it all. Some of us dont have the holier than thou attitude it requires to be snide in an open forum. We actually are trying to give honest reviews. Im sorry but price point vs quality, the Ballistic doesn't stand a chance when shot side by side with the charger. I shot them among others. The mission Ballistic would be one sweet bow where it not for the plastic limb pockets and grip. Amd regardless of what is said the Ballistic has an undeniable buzz on the shot. Dealers have even commented as such on this very forum. Now thst said it goes away with a decent stabilizer. Dont come hete to start a bash thread because your own bow has shock.
If you were giving an honest review it would be no biggie.

·
Banned
23 Posts
You handle says it all. Some of us dont have the holier than thou attitude it requires to be snide in an open forum. We actually are trying to give honest reviews. Im sorry but price point vs quality, the Ballistic doesn't stand a chance when shot side by side with the charger. I shot them among others. The mission Ballistic would be one sweet bow where it not for the plastic limb pockets and grip. Amd regardless of what is said the Ballistic has an undeniable buzz on the shot. Dealers have even commented as such on this very forum. Now thst said it goes away with a decent stabilizer. Dont come hete to start a bash thread because your own bow has shock.
If you were giving an honest review it would be no biggie.
Seems like you always have a problem with someone , didn't you just come off a ban ? I'm going to take a guess and say you're in the military.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts