Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got their risers re dipped under warranty from Hoyt? On any models?

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ttt

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ttt

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
General

99% of all your questions to include tuning and warranty are covered in the owners manual...There is a lot to be learned from any manufactures product manuals..When new bows come out I always read the manuals you never know what might change form year to year...

This is from the 2013 manual...
Hope this helps clear up the question for you

Page 27
This Limited Lifetime Warranty covers normal use of the
product, and Hoyt does not warrant and is not responsible
for:

1. The use of aftermarket products/accessories that
alter Hoyt’s specs or design.

2. Damage to strings, cables, bearings, damping materials,
finish (including paint, anodize, powder coat and
film-dipped finishes) resulting from normal wear-and tear.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yes. I had two issues with my 2013 Spyder 30. First, probably less than a month after I bought the bow the finish wore off the bottom limb from storing it in a rubber coated bow holder. I probably only shot it three or four times when I noticed it. They sent me a brand new pair of limbs. This year, after a full season of hunting / shooting, the finish is nearly gone from all of the grip area and riser where my hand rests. In this instance (and I think since I have documentation of a previous issue with the finish) they offered to re-dip the bow. They won't change the color, however. (I asked if they could dip it black because I've heard it holds up better). I think they've obviously done right by me, I'm just not sure I want to disassemble a perfectly tuned bow for a cosmetic issue. The deer won't notice. That being said, I shot my 38 Ultra A LOT and never had this issue. The finish seemed much better. That bow had a cast riser, I believe. Not sure if that made a difference.

By the way, Hoyt also sent me a brand new string and cable set for my Spyder when they sent the limbs. I showed them a spot where the string was fraying about the same time I noticed the finish issue. I've always thought their customer service was top notch.

To Ex-Wolverine: "Normal Wear and Tear" being the key phrase there. As I said, their CS is top notch. I sent clear pictures of everything to them with a nice email and the bow was almost new. They never questioned a thing, only made me return the old limbs and string to them through my dealer. I think they know they have an issue with their finishes.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
General

99% of all your questions to include tuning and warranty are covered in the owners manual...There is a lot to be learned from any manufactures product manuals..When new bows come out I always read the manuals you never know what might change form year to year...

This is from the 2013 manual...
Hope this helps clear up the question for you

Right but the riser finish was completely unacceptable to me. Within a new months the entire grip and launcher area was fading to white and its spreading. It's certainly an issue. Great bow, great company, terrible riser finish on that model.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Let me know how it works out for you, General. Take some good pics and email customer service. Good Luck.

Rossi

Right but the riser finish was completely unacceptable to me. Within a new months the entire grip and launcher area was fading to white and its spreading. It's certainly an issue. Great bow, great company, terrible riser finish on that model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts