Archery Talk Forum banner

2014 dominator

575 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  guy64
I have installed bomar stops on a 2014 dominator max when I put the bow on the draw board it was missing the stop on the top cam. Put a few twist in left yoke an took some out of the right. The top and bottom are know hitting dead center but there is now a little to much top cam lean to the left. (If looking from the shooter side, right handed shooter). Any suggestions would be helpful I'm going to try to put some twists in right yoke only to see if it will straighten it out and not throw out the timing??????? Again any experience or help is appreciated.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This may sound stupid but I had two single cam stops on top and bottom cam apparently the stops are different on the twin cams. This I did not know so.... New ones are on the way resetting cam lean to zero and starting again. When I ordered I was told that they were the same and work not true fyi

· Gunna GIG one..;0}
773 Posts
On my 2014 Dominator with factory PSE stops I used the yokes on the top cam for tuning cam lean. I used the bottom of that same cable to get the timing right (twist in or out). I did the same thing with my Supra with Bomar stops. I normally have to set it up a couple of times because twisting the bottom usually will throw of my cam lean a little. Thats just my way and it seems to work for me. I also like for my top cam to hit 1/8 or so before the bottom. Matter of fact i setup the Omen, Supra and Dominator that way and will my Full Throttle when it comes in.

· Registered
14,546 Posts
I have installed bomar stops on a 2014 dominator max when I put the bow on the draw board it was missing the stop on the top cam. Put a few twist in left yoke an took some out of the right. The top and bottom are know hitting dead center but there is now a little to much top cam lean to the left. (If looking from the shooter side, right handed shooter). Any suggestions would be helpful I'm going to try to put some twists in right yoke only to see if it will straighten it out and not throw out the timing??????? Again any experience or help is appreciated.
if your right hand and looking from back of bow then adding twist to left and taking out of right will make cam lean more....you need to adjust yoke so cam isnt leaning left and away from stops

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.