Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Hold'n steady
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2014 Nemesis Nitro from Martin last night. Fit and finish on this bow is fantastic. It's the black carbon fiber with green and black strings. Very cool looking bow. I shot a few arrows with it last night very fast and very smooth. I really like the limb stop very solid bow holds fantastic. The bow draws smooth all the way to the wall. Going to take it to a 3d on Sunday. If this bow is any indication of the way Martin is headed look out everyone else.

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
Beautiful should have never sold mine.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Wanting to shoot a Lithium. I hope they come out with a double cam or binary set up next year. I am not a fan of the eccentrics being different shapes.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Wanting to shoot a Lithium. I hope they come out with a double cam or binary set up next year. I am not a fan of the eccentrics being different shapes.
I think if you would shoot and tune the Nitro3 cams you would feel different,very easy to tune,smooth draw. But I understand your point on two different shaped cams,I haven't found it to be a problem.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Not so much of a problem. Just a peeve of mine. I had a Firecat with CAT cams and it shot excellent. Not the greatest draw cycle but a great shooting bow, just went through limbs like crazy. Ready to give Martin another shot and the Lithium may be it.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
How much difference is there in the shape of the cams? From the pictures, it looks as if the only real difference is the lobe that meets the string on the lower cam is slightly smaller...is this to offset the mass of the limb stop to ensure both cams are the same?

I haven't shot the Nitro 3, but the Nitro 1.5s are a great cam. I'm getting a bit over 300fps out of a 20 yr old Martin Onza with them. 360gr arrow, 29" at 67lbs with 14" limbs.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Does it have a yoke? I was under the assumption it was 2 track but not mirror imaged cams. Not anything like a hybrid or dual cam.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
The Hybrix and Nitro cams are actually a three track "binary" cam system as the cams are slaved together and the working portions of the tracks are identical top to bottom.
The cams don't look identical as Martin extended the lobe on the bottom cam string track to make the cams look different top to bottom, but the working portions are still exactly the same. Bowtech started using the three track design back in 05, and Elite used it for a couple years. I think HC still uses it on a couple models.
A hybrid cam system by definition uses a control cable and a buss cable, while a traditional dual cam system uses two buss cables.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have basically the same bow (2013 w fabricated cable slide) & I.would love to know which alpha shocks or bowjax will fit between the X4 limbs (less than 1/2" gap).

1393186338361.jpg

1393186456692.jpg

IMAG1361.jpg

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
I have been looking at Martin again as I really miss my 09 Alien X. I figured with the company going a new direction, they would be working hard for customers. I couldn't have been more wrong. Dealers can't get bows, CS when you call the company is TERRIBLE, and almost 1000.00 for a bow from a company very few trust. No wonder most dealers won't touch Martin with a ten foot pole. Too bad that such a fine company, is continuing to be run into the ground.

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
You get banned from the Martin Tech Forum so you come here to slam Martin.
Why bother?

DK
Look at my join date, been here a hell of a lot longer than you. How is telling the truth slamming them? I have spoken to many successful shop owners that are having a hell of a time getting their hands on any new Martin product. For some their sales reps won't even contact them. I have contacted Martin many times since the change with poor results. Pricing your bows as high as the well established companies will not turn the company around.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Look at my join date, been here a hell of a lot longer than you. How is telling the truth slamming them? I have spoken to many successful shop owners that are having a hell of a time getting their hands on any new Martin product. For some their sales reps won't even contact them. I have contacted Martin many times since the change with poor results. Pricing your bows as high as the well established companies will not turn the company around.
Congrats on being around AT longer than me! I didn't know how to operate a computer in 03, but I could darn sure shoot a bow. I thought the folks on boards were nerds & wanna be bow hunters....until I found this site. Lots of knowledgeable folks willing to share their experiences. Fyi, you are so wrong....2014 bows are sick. Heck, the 2013 Nemesis w one change, a cable rod(i.e., a 2014 Nemesis Nitro) is absolutely one of the finest bows that I have owned & I currently own some good ones -Slayer NOSX, Slayer V (Vipro), Nemesis 35 & others..... They are turning it around. Why even post in here if you have in fact changed brands? A far better question I think.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts