Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a replacement Game Camera I have had 2 that having issues and it is another brand than Browning. I not sure what I might get as a replacement for the 2 under warranty they have yet to give much information as to what might be available since they are 2014 models.

So I have a couple locations I am looking for a better working Black Flash and not many use these Browning Spec Ops FHD most like the smaller Browning's like the Dark OPS and Strike Force. Just looking for some more information and if you have one what do you like about it and what don't you like about it? If there is anything you found using it?

Not many 2015 Models out there so far that don't have any issues?

LFM

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have a few of the dark ops and I LOVE THEM. they are way better than any other one I've used ESPECIALLY in that price range. I would imagine the spec ops would be the same. I was going to get it but couldn't justify the extra money for it vs dark ops. Amazon had great deals on them also. There is a website that I use for reviews but can't remember the name....trailcamreviews.com maybe? Or trailcampros.com something along those lines. Anyways hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions on what I use lol.

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have the Dark OPS it is okay but so far many false trips & one time at night I had a circle reflection of something in the videos all that night about the size of a half dollar. It worked great in cold weather but since it warmed up nothing in many videos but maybe the wind moving limbs in a distance. The Spec OPS I just found it for 149.00 which is what the usual price is for the Dark OPS.

I have 2 Moultrie M-1100i now having issues and got other brands like Uway and Stealth, the Stealth has had issues since I got it first was several videos can't be opened, And now day videos have a flickering going on only day time and not night time my contact with GSM / Stealth has not been good when I got the videos that could not open they require a call and from what I read on another game camera forum is when they got a replacement last fall what they got was a used scratched up replacement with the same issue. Being it was a gift I doubt I will send it back but won't buy another Stealth!

Just cannot find any game camera as good as the 2013 M-990i I have. Hate dealing with poor CS seems most have. Tried Covert and had 3 bad out of the box and don't own any now. Just trying to find something reliable that would last 5 years or longer with good night videos and is a black flash.

LFM

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess I will hold off buying another Browning Being I only do Video their limited night time is 10 seconds and that is just too short for me and the video recovery is a lot longer than Picture. I just went thru the weekends check and the Dark OPS as soon as Deer start doing something it ends and then they are moved only catching the last 1/4 of the deer walking out of the video. Wished they would bump it up to 30 Seconds guess it is more about Batteries and longer life than longer Videos!

Looking for something that offers more features and the ability to turn off the audio when doing video and at least 30 second night time and 60 Seconds daytime video, and few false triggers. Guess I am looking for the perfect game camera for my needs and there are not many...

LFM

·
Registered
750 Posts
My buddy and i both bought the dark ops cameras at the same time. His worked really well and mine was junk from the start so we had 50/50 odds with them you could say. As I have done for several years I just returned it and went back to my Reconyx, more money for sure but they have never let me down and thats the only camera I can say that about. It is so frustrating to spend money on a camera and leave it out for a couple of weeks sometimes hours away and go back and it had tracks all around it and no pictures. Ive learned the hard way that your better off to have 1 $ 500 camera that works 100% of the time than 5 $100 cameras that work 20% of the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts