Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't had a chance to shoot this bow but have owned the 2011 Fuel cam, 2012 RKT and last year's Z5.

I have heard the new cam on the turbo has a short valley but how do you guys compare it to the fuel cam or last year's Z5? I remember if you creeped at all with the fuel it wanted to go on you and curious if the nitrum turbo is same etc. Hoping to shoot one soon.

·
Broken, Beat, & Scarred
6,054 Posts
Did not seem like it wanted to go on me. I shot it at 29" and my dl is 8, and it was fine for me. Better than the fuels for sure.

·
Registered
207 Posts
To me it felt almost identical to the RKT cam. If you pull hard into the back wall it's not a problem but it's not the same as the Z5.

·
Registered
51,117 Posts
If you are creeping your not holding the bow correctly at full draw. The bow is designed to held fully into the draw stops throigh out the shot process. If you can not hold fully then your draw length is set a tad long---that is why it wants to go on you.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
In my experiences it has more valley than most "speed bows" but it has a little less than the z5 cams. Overall I like what I have seen from it so far

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
its not that bad at all. you have to come on through with the draw and not slow down at the hump is what i noticed..if that makes any sense to you. but other than that it felt fine to me the few shots i tried

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. Sometimes a guy gets lazy or has an awkward tree stand angle etc. I'll take every advantage I can get but agree creep is a bad demon, but I am human;)

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Did not seem like it wanted to go on me. I shot it at 29" and my dl is 8, and it was fine for me. Better than the fuels for sure.
Same for me Mel. I shot it at 29 and my draw is 28 and it felt nothing like the Fuel cams, which I didn't care for at all , to me anyway. Little more like the RKT cams , which I didn't think we're bad at all, and this was at a full inch too long for me....
I think for a speed bow it has a really good valley and would have probably felt even better set at my draw...my next hunting bow for sure..felt better than any other bow at that speed rating or above that I have shot , IMO, would still love to shoot the new Xpedition lineup, but no dealers near me , and I was perfectly satisfied with the valley on the Turbo even with it not at my specs....JMHO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts