Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
II was checking the IBO web page for the 2015 qualifiers. I didn't see Washington, Idaho or Oregon on the list for shoots. Is there going to be a Triple Crown for the Northwest?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2015 IBO Triple Crown

Any updates??????
The update,--- There is a one day qualifier at Skookum Archers in Puyallup.
The first leg of the Triple Crown is at Evergreen in Spokane in late March. The other two shoots haven't been posted. Grande Ronde in La Grande Or. usually host the third leg, so the middle shoot is the "rub".
Now, the scuttle butt is, that there is a name issue. We (this region) call it the Northwest Triple Crown. It was the brainchild of a guy at Evergreen, to promote the IBO in our area. Well now, the IBO main group wants to use the term "Triple Crown" for the National IBO Organization. The story is, we "the northwest" will have to change our name and that is a bone of contention with the guy from Evergreen.
Having said that, this is just what I heard at the 2014 WSAA convention. The Evergreen guy is pretty wedded to keeping the name for our Northwest region. The last thing, I have noticed in the past that 2nd and 3rd legs don't post early.
If I got anything wrong, don't get mad, just get the story out. I just want to shoot it, not get into the politics of it.
Hope this helps . . if you hear anything post it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got off the phone with Eric from Selkirk Archers, in Moyie Springs Id. They are not hosting the 2nd leg. So, the first leg is at Evergreen on March 29th and the third leg is at Grande Ronde on May 31st. We need a club to step up and host the second leg, we will see.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
I just got off the phone with Eric from Selkirk Archers, in Moyie Springs Id. They are not hosting the 2nd leg. So, the first leg is at Evergreen on March 29th and the third leg is at Grande Ronde on May 31st. We need a club to step up and host the second leg, we will see.
Has Cedar River Washed their hands of the whole IBO thing?
Seems like they would be a good option for one of the legs.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know. They (CRB) have a full shoot schedule this year. CRB has new people in all but three Board positions, so IBO might be an option.
I just looked at CRB schedule and they could put it on, but I think they have their hands full...we'll see.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an up-date. Skookum Archers and Evergreen Archers are both putting on a one day IBO qualifier for the northwest region. There is no club putting on a second leg and now Grande Ronde Archers isn't holding the third leg. They (G.R.A.) are thinking of changing that shoot, to a club shoot on their calendar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts