Archery Talk Forum banner

2015 Nitrous Cams vs. Original Nitrous Cams

2789 Views 18 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  rjd
Are they really the same including modules? Tell me it is true!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
10,938 Posts
I haven't seen one up close and personal, but I highly doubt it. The appearance is similar from what I see in the pix, but that's not definitive enough.

· Design&Hunt
1,763 Posts
I haven't seen one up close and personal, but I highly doubt it. The appearance is similar from what I see in the pix, but that's not definitive enough.
Would be hard to image they would have a supply of them actually still on hand to utilize. I'd have to think they are redesigned off the old platform, so components could be similar, but exact is hard to say.

· 2 cams + 4 cables = X
3,423 Posts
Are they really the same including modules? Tell me it is true!
Based on the Facebook pic posted this week, the cam machining has changed, but the profile looks very similar. The modules look like they have been modified, at least as far as how they attach to the cam - 2 screws close together. The module profile looks like it has changed a little as well. I never got more than 72% let off with HL modules on the original Nitrous Cams, so maybe they have reworked the modules to give more true "high let off" ?? Just speculation, but if so, I may have to order 65%.

· Registered
3,555 Posts
I wonder if they are offered in the 3 sizes like the previous ones. I sure would like to get my hands on a set of C cams for a frankenbow project. I tried my B cams, but they came up an inch short on DL.

· 2 cams + 4 cables = X
3,423 Posts
I wonder if they are offered in the 3 sizes like the previous ones. I sure would like to get my hands on a set of C cams for a frankenbow project. I tried my B cams, but they came up an inch short on DL.
You may just need to be patient. If the new cams turn out to be to everyone's liking, those hoarding original Nitrous cams may be encouraged to turn loose of some (including me...)

· Registered
142 Posts
Very curious as to the difference of cams... my 2014 Nemesis just got here & the post man damaged the top cam... might upgrade to the new cam.
Your 2014 Nemesis has Nitro cams, a totaly different cam system, we're talking about the old Martin Company's 2004 to 2007 Nitrous cam. They look like this.

Bicycle Vehicle Bicycle wheel Mountain bike Bicycle frame

· Registered
17 Posts
I've got c's on my Cougar and my frankenbow Razor/Jaguar (thanks to a member of the old tech forum). I was Dirt Dart over there. The old Cougar claimed a nice 11pt ozark buck in november. Nitrous power does it again.

· Registered
848 Posts
I have "C" and "B" cams hanging on the bench . What are they worth ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.