Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a XCENTRIC 7 without realizing it only went down to 28" draw. I've got the 28" mods on it, but it's still just a little bit long on the draw. Can I reduce the DL any without throwing this thing completely out of time? I'd take it to a shop if there was one around that I felt like would spend the time to make small adjustments, but we just don't have any. Appreciate the help, hindsight I would have got the 7SD.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
How much shorter DL do you need? Might be able to get a little under 28" by just moving the draw stop to the shortest setting and re syncing them. Don't need anything special. Basic draw board will do the job.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
How much draw length are you looking to lose?

You could put some twists in your string to shorten your draw length a little and set your bottom draw stop to hit earlier in the valley. Then re-synchronize your top stop with the bottom.

You might lose a little draw weight, but you should be able to tune it that way.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much shorter DL do you need? Might be able to get a little under 28" by just moving the draw stop to the shortest setting and re syncing them. Don't need anything special. Basic draw board will do the job.
1/2" would be ideal but I know that's alot to ask. Any idea how much out of sync moving the draw stops would put me?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
1/2" would be ideal but I know that's alot to ask. Any idea how much out of sync moving the draw stops would put me?
1/2" is a lot for just moving the stops, unless it's already set to the longer draw and higher letoff end of the range. If it's in the middle of the range you might pick up 1/4" by setting them to the short side, but you'll be giving up some letoff and valley. Once you have the bottom set you're going to want to redo the top to make contact at the same time. Draw board is preferred, but it can be done by setting it to free float and drawing the bow and gently letting down or having a friend tighten it at full draw for you. I'm sure some of the Xpedition gurus can help you do this a better way though and probably keep the feel you prefer.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I'm sorry to say, but you will be much better off getting the short draw cams. By manipulating the cables and string to drop a 1/2" in draw length really messes with the performance of the bow. I've only been able to get it down maybe a 1/4 and still have performance.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I'm sorry to say, but you will be much better off getting the short draw cams. By manipulating the cables and string to drop a 1/2" in draw length really messes with the performance of the bow. I've only been able to get it down maybe a 1/4 and still have performance.
This.....remember....the IBO on the SD versions is 314......that is 70/350 at the longest dl of the model........it calcs out to around 339. The 27.5 on the SD will allow you to move up or down slightly.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what did you do to get 1/4"? I can live with that,.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
what did you do to get 1/4"? I can live with that,.
If you look at the spec chart the stop settings are 5.25 to 5.75 for a 60# X7 at 28".......if you move the stop the highest setting (5.75) you will be approx 27.75" but you will have low let off and a very short valley. You can manipulate cables to increase let off a bit....but peak weight may change a few pounds.
Remember , THE RELATIONSHIP OF THE 2 CAMS IS "CONTROLLED" BY THE CONTROL CABLE......SO AS LONG AS YOU ARE LETTING THE MOD BREAK OVER AND NOT TOUCHING THE BEARING HUB OR BOTTOM AXLE......YOU CAN STILL HAVE A GOOD TUNE.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts