Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning hunting lovers and Covert fans! We hope you will check out our 2016 new line up. Our brand new Windtalker is certified with AT&T and allows you to receive 5 second videos, while our Code Black 12.0 (AT&T) and our Blackhawk 12.0 (Verizon) allow you to access photos -- all from our mobile app and web portal (Covert Wireless). We hope you will give Covert a shot. We are sure to please with our new 2016 lineup and excellent customer service!
12647705_1054174584636156_1139689345_n.jpg
IMAG0173.jpg
Ridgetop snow wolf.jpg

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Still wish I could get a replacement back for a 2013 model not even used a year always in a lock box and latch failed. Really enjoyed the camera until I delt with your cs. Camera still works but I have to be super careful where I place it so moisture doesn't get in.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you give us a call, we can get you some replacement latches, or if you are interested, we do have a program to allow you to upgrade your 2013 Code Black. 877-462-1799

Still wish I could get a replacement back for a 2013 model not even used a year always in a lock box and latch failed. Really enjoyed the camera until I delt with your cs. Camera still works but I have to be super careful where I place it so moisture doesn't get in.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The new models work similar to the old Code Blacks. The main difference is the sending. Rather than the old system where the pictures were sent through a server, they will come directly to the application/portal which can be accessed from your smartphone or desktop. You will receive a notification on the app, just as you would with Facebook. From the app you can save the photos and send them as well. Your 2015 can be updated to do the same.

How does the new system work? When is this going to be up and running? I have a Code Black 12, 2015 model.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Just sent in my 2014 code black a few weeks ago for the upgrade. It worked great until about halfway through this season. I use it in a fairly suburban setting so service wasn't the issue. AT&T made upgrades to something and the camera didn't like it. Would work fine for a few days then for some reason get booted off the network and stop sending me pictures, but cam would still take them. I kept having to go in the woods and resetting it and it would work great for a few more days until the same would happen. Covert cs was great to work with so far.

How long does the typical return upgrade take? My cam was delivered to covert on march 10th, haven't heard anything back yet.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
The new models work similar to the old Code Blacks. The main difference is the sending. Rather than the old system where the pictures were sent through a server, they will come directly to the application/portal which can be accessed from your smartphone or desktop. You will receive a notification on the app, just as you would with Facebook. From the app you can save the photos and send them as well. Your 2015 can be updated to do the same.

How does the service through AT&T work now? From what I can tell I no longer will need a SIM card and a go phone text package, and that I can choose from different AT&T packages and not have to actually deal with the AT&T people

·
Registered
10,537 Posts
I don't do the cell cams. The 16's are priced them out of my league!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
man I've got an MP6 and haven't had a single issue with it. Love that camera. I may look into one of the cellular this year.

·
Registered
11,099 Posts
I tested the First Covert Black OPS camera and couldn't sleep. I would wake up every hour checking my phone for photos :)

Running 6 MPE-6 cameras and never had a problem

1 - 20 of 47 Posts