Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a used 2016 prime rize 27.5 dl - #50/60, anyone have any experience shooting one of these bows, would like to know your initial thoughts on it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the same bow. 28 dL 50-60. Absolutely love it. I have mine set in the 85% let off. Quiet and totally vibe free. Close to 2500 shots through it and string is holding up pretty nicely. The bow is extremely easy to tune as well. Keep in mind if you plan on using the 85% let off it will effectively make the bow a 28 inch draw length

·
Registered
13,600 Posts
yes, move the draw stop peg to 85% will add about 1/2" to the draw length.

·
Registered
9,891 Posts
Only down side to these bows is that they are draw length specific to cam and not adjustable which makes them harder to sell. They are not a speed bow, they are very smooth, accurate and have a fantastic wall and valley IMO. My Centergys are 3/8" over draw length at 85%. Really nice bows.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I agree....Very nice bows. I have one 27" 70lbs and I shoot it as good or better than any bow I've owned. I can't quite put a finger on what I like so much about it, but it is a really nice bow.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Love mine, once I got the draw length set so I could get 85% letoff it shoots great. I see no reason to get something else anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,006 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,953 Posts
Shot the rize Tues evening for the first time. Wow! Damn nice bow all the way around!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,353 Posts
Haven’t shot the new model, but for me the Rize is their best bow. Add the dampeners from the Centergy series.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Have a Rize and love it. So smooth and balanced. Great valley and back wall. Excellent quality. Definitely go shoot it. That's the only way you'll know if it's for you.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Mine made a metallic 'pinging' sound at the shot, couldn't get rid of it. Shot OK, but sold her eventually.

·
Registered
19,353 Posts
Mine made a metallic 'pinging' sound at the shot, couldn't get rid of it. Shot OK, but sold her eventually.
I think the yoke dampeners from the Centergy would help with this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts