Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2018 Beast ECS. During tuning I went to adjust the LAS. When looking from the back of the bow, on the top limb pocket the LAS screw head is on the right. On the bottom pocket the screw head is on the left. Anyone with a Shootdown or Perform X able to tell me if yours are configured this way? When I first went to adjust the bottom screw noticed it wasn't actually moving the pocket. Found out the set screws on one barrel were loose so I tightened it. I also have a buzz coming from the top limb pocket now as well. Nothing is loose on the top. I was able to get the bow tuned but wondering if I can turn one of the LAS screws around and will I have to break the bow down to do it? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
My Shootdown had the heads on the same time also but other than looks it will not matter. I took my bow apart to have some custom work done to it and then removed my LAS bolts but from what I can tell you can do it while the bow is together. The barrel the LAS bolt goes into is threaded and as long as it doesn't move at all when you remove the bolt (which I don't see happening) you can probably turn it around. If for some reason you can't get the bolt back in just break the bow down.

The set screws on the caps were only hand tight from the factory so I can see them being or becoming loose while shooting. I don't see your vibration coming from the LAS because it's pretty solid so look at other areas or loose accessories and cam/mod bolts.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, thanks guys! This is what I was needing to know. I'll see if I can get it all sorted out.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help lunghit. Turned the bottom screw around so they are both on the same side. Did not have to break the bow down to remove it. Found out what the rattling was in the top pocket. The washers that are between the riser and the barrels on the LAS. Tightened one barrel up and no more rattle!!!!

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
Glad everything worked out for you. Can’t wait to get mine back together and do some shooting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts