Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Vendor
Discussion Starter #1
Several of you have asked me for a review of the 2018 Obsession Fixation 6XP. Here is my review, I hope you find it informative and helpful. This bow is smooth! 馃槢

The draw cycle on the Fixation 6XP is very smooth. Having limb stops the draw cycle ends with a rock solid back wall. It is just silky smooth all the way back with no hump/dump. To me it feels like it is drawing a bit less than what the scale shows. It has about as low of vibe as you can get and is church mouse quiet. It holds great and sits nice in hand after the shot with no Exaggerated movement left/right or forward/backwards. The Fixation has DLS cams, meaning changing draw lengths requires cam swap.

Like the other new 2018 Obsessions the 6XP comes with the anti-torque cable rod, Saunders Hyper Glide as well as rear stabilizer hole.

This bow is decked out in Mossy Oak Bottomland camo.

The bow was tested w-peep/loop

2018 Obsession Fixation 6XP 29/70

(Advertised) ibo up to 358fps

Draw lengths 26.5 - 30in

Ata - 32.25in

BH - 5.719in

Mass weight - 5lb

Draw length - 29in

Poundage - 70.58

Holding weight 12.58

Let off - 82.17%

353.4gr Arrow - 341.2fps
(91.37# KE)

402.8gr Arrow - 320.8fps
(92.06# KE)

The Obsession Fixation 6XP has about as good of a draw cycle as you could want. This bow will make a deadly hunting bow for sure.

I hope this gives you an Idea if what this bow offers. If anyone needs help getting a new 2018 Obsessions or has any questions feel free to call, text, message, or email me. I am glad to help.

Kevin-Passthru Archery Asheville 828-273-2815

[email protected]

Attachments

Vendor
Discussion Starter #2

Vendor
Discussion Starter #3

Registered
Love the review. I know I read in another review on here where someone was poking fun at Obsession for basically just changing the riser. First, I'd like to say the old saying goes, if it aint broke then don't fix it. Second, redesigned riser that looks stiffer (I love the new design), new/better cable rod system, rear stabilizer mount, and although its subtle I really like what they did with the new limb bolt/pocket. I guess, for me anyways, they made a lot of nice changes to an already fantastic platform. I only wish you didnt have to shim them right out of the box but I know thats the case with pretty much all dual cam bows. Keep the reviews coming pls.

Vendor
Discussion Starter #5
Love the review. I know I read in another review on here where someone was poking fun at Obsession for basically just changing the riser. First, I'd like to say the old saying goes, if it aint broke then don't fix it. Second, redesigned riser that looks stiffer (I love the new design), new/better cable rod system, rear stabilizer mount, and although its subtle I really like what they did with the new limb bolt/pocket. I guess, for me anyways, they made a lot of nice changes to an already fantastic platform. I only wish you didnt have to shim them right out of the box but I know thats the case with pretty much all dual cam bows. Keep the reviews coming pls.
Every bow does not always require shimming. I will shim a bow in order to get proper arrow flight.

There are times when a bow might need to be shimmed simply because of the particular arrow/spine, or even arrow rest.

I make suggestions as to what i feel would work best but if possible try to accommodate my customers.

If i can ever be of help just let me know.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Kevin

Vendor
Discussion Starter #9
The Hemorrhage is a great short ata bow for 2018.

Registered
My bow finally arrived and from the very short time I've had to shoot it, I'm impressed thus far. I will post pics later after I get home but let me just say that I'm impressed! For what it's worth, I got it in last leaf redemption, added a hamskea rest, a fast eddie xl double pin, and stokerized it with the stabilizers, set at 29" dl and 70lb dw. I also ordered mine with the matching quiver.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts